This Thermal Boot Cuffs crochet pattern is brought to you by Mistie Bush from American Crochet. Thank you Mistie for saving the day!
The crochet boot cuffs are nice and cozy, thus giving you an excellent layer of warmth. They are perfect for closing the gap at the top of the boots where cold winter drafts can get in.
These boot cuffs have a nice texture, which makes them perfect for just about any outfit in your closet. Whether you like your jeans, leggings or skirts and dresses, these cozy cuffs can be the perfect match!
Make several sets for yourself and several for gifting throughout the cold winter months. They’ll be much appreciated by anyone who likes to stay extra cozy!
The Stitch Pattern
This pattern uses simple stitches including the single crochet, half double crochet and the treble stitch. If you can make those and are ready to learn working into the back loops and front posts, then you’ll be able to make these no problem.
The finished size is 5 by 7 inches when laid flat. However, in a multiple of four for your starting chains, you can crochet this to any size you want. Another option is to experiment with different hook and yarn sizes. Here is a crochet boot cuffs size chart to help take the guesswork out.
The yarn used is Red Heart Soft. It is a medium #4 worsted weight yarn. The yarn is super soft, yet strong and durable! It works well with a J hook to give you a nice stretchy material for a comfortable fit.
Thermal Boot Cuffs
Design by Mistie Bush from American Crochet
- Yarn: Red Heart With Love #4, Evergreen. Roughly 50 yards
- Crochet Hook: J (6mm)
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 5-inches x 7-inches
- Ch = Chain
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- BLO = Back Loop Only
- FPtr = Front Post treble crochet
- The bootcuffs are worked in the round. Chain 1 does not count as a stitch unless otherwise stated.
- Adjust the size as you like in a multiple of 4.
- Make 2
- Row 1: Chain 10, sc in 2nd chain from the hook and in each chain across. (9 sts)
- Row 2 Working in BLO: Chain 1, sc blo in first stitch and in each stitch across. (9 sts)
- Rows 3-29: Repeat Row 2
- Join the last row to the 1st row with a series of slip stitches.
Body of Bootcuffs
- Round 1: CH 1 (does not count as stitch), sc in the end of each row around; join with a slip stitch in the first sc. (29 sts)
- Round 2: CH 1, [sc, Hdc. 2 dc] in the first sc, *skip the next 3 stitches, [sc, hdc, 2 dc] in the next sc; repeat from the * across, ending with skip the next 3 stitches; join with a slip stitch in the first stitch. Turn (7 patterns)
- Rows 3-5: Repeat Row 2 for the pattern.
- Round 6: CH 1, sc in same stitch as join, and in each stitch around; join with a slip stitch in the first stitch. (29 sts)
- Round 7: CH 1, hdc in same stitch as join, hdc in each stitch around. (29 sts)
- Fasten off and weave in ends
- Copyright 2007 – 2017 Mistie Bush. All Rights Reserved. For personal use only. This pattern may not be copied, reproduced or distributed without express written permission from the designer and www.americancrochet.com
Hi, my name is Mistie. I am the wife of a terrific man who loves me just the way I am and makes me happy. I am the mother of of 5 adorable children who keep me busy and brings me joy regularly. I am blessed and extremely fortunate to be a stay-at-home mom. I started crocheting in 2004 and started designing patterns in 2007. It did not take me long to realize that Crocheting and designing was my passion!
Connect with Mistie at American Crochet Across the Web:
And don’t forget to check out the other patterns by American Crochet.
Leave a Reply