Here is my first pattern for a pair of crochet boot cuffs. They are great for adding to the top of your winter boots to keep the cold drafts out, and thereby keeping your toes nice and cozy. The instructions here are given for a pair that should fit an average women, however, the pattern is easy to adjust to any width and length that you need.
Along with the pattern, you’ll also find a handy crochet boot cuff size chart below the pattern, thus making it easy to crochet these to any size from baby to adult.
The Stitch Pattern
For these boot cuffs I decided to use the single crochets and the bead stitch along the top edge. Then for the rest of the body, I went with the half double crochet cross stitch.
I chose Caron Simply Soft, a medium #4 worsted weight acrylic yarn. However, any yarn will work as you can customize the size to work with any yarn.
If you need more stretch, Vanna’s Choice is a good option.
Other Patterns to Try
- Free Crochet Boot Cuffs Patterns
- Simple Boot Cuffs
- Thermal Boot Cuffs
- The Bonanza Boot Cuffs
- Charisma Boot Cuffs
Any Size Crochet Boot Cuffs
This pattern can be used to crochet boot cuffs and leg warmers from baby to adult.
To adjust the width of these crochet boot cuffs simply make more or less chains. Then to adjust the length, simply do more or less repeats of the pattern rounds.
You can add a ribbing if you like. Here is a tutorial on how to join a ribbing at the end of your work.
Any Size Crochet Boot Cuffs
- Yarn: Caron Simply Soft (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% acrylic; 6 oz/170.1g; 315yds/288m)
- Crochet Hook: I/9-5.50mm or any hook suitable for yarn.
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: Measures 4" over 14 hdc sts.
- Finished Size: When laying flat it measures just under 6" wide and 4" high.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Bead St: Insert hk into indicated st, yo and pull through, (yo and pull through one lp on hk) twice, yo and pull through both lps on hk. When you work into the next stitch make sure the bobble is facing the right side.
- Carry CA up when you switch to CB in rnd 3.
- With CA, Ch 40 (or any multiple of 2 to get circumference needed), join with sl st in first ch being careful not to twist chs.
- Rnd 1: Working into back bumps, ch 1, sc in same ch as join and into each ch around; join with sl st in first sc. [40 sc]
- Rnd 2: Working into bls only, ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; With CB, join with sl st in first sc.
- Rnd 3: With CB and working into both lps, ch 1, work bead st in same st as join, sc in next st, *bead st in next st, sc in next st; rep from * around; With CA, join with sl st in first bead st. FO CB.
- Rnd 4: With CA and working in both lps, ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc.
- Rnd 5: Working into bls only, ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc.
- Rnd 6: Working into both lps, ch 1, sk the first st, hdc in next st, hdc in skipped st, *sk next st, hdc in next st, hdc in skipped st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first hdc.
- Rnds 7-12: Same as rnd 6. (Or make them longer if you want.)
- Rnd 13: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. FO.
Crochet Boot Cuff Size Chart
The boot cuff size chart below is for reference only. You may need to adjust the circumference depending on your yarn, hook size and tension. Babies don’t normally wear boots, but I thought I would include the size as well, just in case you need something cute for a photo shoot.
Crochet boot cuffs can be worn in all types of boots from ankle boots to higher boots. You can wear them on the inside of the boot to help keep the snow and cold drafts out of your boots. Or, make them slightly larger and wear them over your boots for decoration.
Another option is to make them longer so that you can wear them inside and then fold them over the boots. When folding them over you’ll know that they’ll in place instead of sliding down into your boots.
You could add some fun fur or cute appliques for an extra touch of fun if wearing the cuffs over the boots. Here is a fun collection on CPB for crochet appliques.