This crochet cotton dishcloth pattern can be worked up in one or more colors. I used two colors left over from other projects in attempt to reduce my yarn stash. With two colors I had to fasten off after each color change, but it’s worth it. I like how it turned out.
I was trying to go for a Christmas look, but you need a Christmas red for that. This red is more for the summer and it reminds me of tiny little roses in a rose garden.
Most of my dishcloths are normally on the small side, so I decided to make this one a bit bigger. The finished size is 8 by 8 inches, but you can easily make this smaller in a simple multiple of two. Or, make it even bigger for a placemat.
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Bead and Lace Crochet Cotton Dishcloth Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m) 2 colors.
- Crochet Hook: I – 5.5mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 8" by 8".
Special Stitch Instructions
- Bead St: Insert hk into indicated st, yo and pull through, (yo and pull through one lp on hk) twice, yo and pull through both lps on hk. When working the next stitch make sure the bobble is facing the right side.
- To Change Color: Work the stitch as normal until the last step and you have two loops left on the hook; drop the old color, pick up the new color and draw through both loops to complete the stitch.
- Fasten off the old color after each color change.
- Crochet over your loose ends as much as possible to help save time.
- With CA, loosely ch 26, or any multiple of 2.
- Row 1 (WS): Sc in 2nd ch from hk and into each ch across, changing to CB in last st. FO CA. Turn. [25 sts]
- Row 2 (RS): With CB, ch 1, sc in first st, *work bead st in next st, sc in next st; rep from * across, changing to CA in last st. FO CB. Turn. [25 sts]
- Row 3: With CA, ch 1, sc in first st and in each st across. Turn. [25 sts]
- Row 4: Ch 1, (hdc, ch 1) in first st, *skip next st, (hdc, ch 1) in next st; rep from * across to last 2 sts; skip next st, hdc in last st. Turn. [12 ch-1 spaces]
- Row 5: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st and into each ch across, changing to CB in last st. FO CA. Turn. [25 sts]
- Rows 6-23: Rep rows 2-5, making sure to end last row with Pattern Row 3.
- Edging: With CA and RS facing, ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner. Join with a sl st in first sc. FO.