These crochet boot cuff toppers are just what you need to keep the cold out of your winter boots. They can be worn with ankle boots or any type of boots. They are the perfect accessory to go with this Striped Slouchy Beanie Crochet Pattern. The set makes for a great gift idea for just about anyone on your list.
The main body of these boot toppers are worked with the crunch stitch. It’s a beautiful stitch pattern that is not only cozy, but gives you a nice texture as well. The stitch looks good in a striped design, but can also be worked up in a solid color as well.
Another beauty is that you can crochet these cuffs in any size that you need from child to adult sizes. Here is a Crochet Boot Cuff Size Chart to use as a reference if you’re making changes to the size.
As for the yarn, I used Caron Simply Soft, which is a medium worsted weight yarn that works well with an I crochet hook. It is super soft, and very nice to work with. Any similar yarn will work too.
How It’s Made – The Crunch Stitch with Stripes
The pattern is started at the ribbing rows. The ribbing is made simply by crocheting into the back loops.
You can adjust the width of the ribbing simply by increasing or decreasing your starting chains.
Continue to work the ribbing rows until you have reached a desired circumference. Just make sure to end with a multiple of two to accommodate the stitch pattern used for the body.
Then bring the two ends together. Chain 1 and join by slip stitching across.
Flip your work so the seam falls on the inside. Then begin working in the round.
Each row end counts as one stitch. Work a half double crochet into the first end. Then slip stitch into the next row end. Repeat around, and join with a slip stitch. Turn.
After two rounds, change to the next color. For this pattern, it looks best to work the first round of the new color from the right side. So the color changes are done from the Wrong Side.
So to do the color change, bring the old color to the front or the “Wrong Side” of the fabric as shown.
Then bring in the next color from the Wrong Side as well, as shown.
Insert your hook in the first stitch of the round. Wrap the new color over and pull through to complete the join and color change.
I always get a big loop on the old color. Pull the old yarn to pull it tight.
Chain 1 and turn your work. Half double crochet into the first slip stitch.
Then slip stitch into the next half double crochet. Repeat around.
More Free Crochet Boot Cuff Patterns
- Clustered V-Stitch Chunky Crochet Boot Cuffs
- Charisma Boot Cuffs
- Bead and Lace Boot Cuffs
- Pretty Simple Boot Cuffs
- Thermal Boot Cuffs
Striped Crochet Boot Cuff Toppers
- Yarn: Caron Simply Soft (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% acrylic; 6 oz/170.1g; 315yds/288m) 2 colors.
- Crochet Hook: I/9-5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 14 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 10.5" in circumference by 5" tall. Can be modified to any size needed.
- Each end of ribbing row equals 1 st.
- Turn after each round.
- Colors are changed after every two rounds at the joining slip stitch.
- To change color, finish the round as instructed, but without making the join. Insert your hook into the first stitch made in the round; pick up the new color and pull through the stitch as well as the loop on your hook.
- The color changes are made from the Wrong Side. This requires you bring the old yarn to the front (wrong side) before making the color change. See photo tutorial above for step-by-step instructions on how I made my color changes.
- Row 1: With CA, ch 10, sc in 2nd ch from hk and into next 8 chs. Turn. [9 sc]
- Rows 2-38: Working in bls only, ch 1, sc in first st and into each st across. Turn. [9 sts] Continue with this row until you have reached a desired circumference making sure to end in an even number of rows.
- Ch 1 and join the ribbing rows by slip stitching the last row to the free lps of starting chs.
Working in the Round
- Rnd 1: (RS) With CA and working along the ribbing edge, ch 1, hdc in first st, sl st in next st, *hdc in next st, sl st in next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first hdc. Turn [38 sts]
- Rnd 2: (WS) Ch 1, hdc in first sl st, sl st in next hdc, *hdc in next sl st, sl st in next hdc; rep from * around; join with sl st in first hdc. Turn [38 sts]
- Rnds 3-4: With CB, rep Rnd 2.
- Rnds 5-6: With CA, rep Rnd 2.
- Rnds 7-14: Rep rnds 3-6 changing the color after every two rnds, making sure to end with CA.
- Rnd 15: With CA and RS facing, ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first st. Fasten Off. [38 sts]
Make this cowl crochet pattern to any size you need in the stitch multiple provided. The crochet cowl can be worn in many ways.
This lightweight crochet shawl pattern is given in one size but can be adjusted as needed. The light yarn gives it a beautiful drape and makes it perfect for year-round use.
Here is a free crochet beanie pattern for women. The free crochet hat features a fun and textured lace that you’ll enjoy wearing in not-so-cold weather.
This cup cozy crochet pattern features a nice textured design. It’s a great gift idea for both genders.
This one piece crochet bag pattern features a pretty texture and solid fabric throughout. The crochet bag can be adjusted in size as needed.
These lightweight crochet boot cuffs can be adjusted in size, and are perfect for keep cold drafts out of your winter boots.