Alternating Crochet Boot Cuffs
These crochet boot cuffs are a match for the Alternating Hat and Cowl. The only difference is that these are crocheted in a worsted weight, whereas the hat and cowl are crocheted in a chunky yarn. But the good news is that the hat and cowl are just as easy to adjust in size, making it easy to crochet them in a worsted weight yarn as well.
The Stitch Pattern
These crochet boot cuffs are started at the bottom with the ribbing. The ribbing is worked in rows with the back loop single crochet. One you reach your circumference, the ribbing rows are joined together to form a circle.
Then you begin working the round by crocheting into each row end of the ribbing rows.
After the first round the stitches are alternated with the half double crochet worked into the front loop only of the slip stitch, and the slip stitch is worked into the back loop only of the half double crochet. Alternating Between Front and Back Loop Tutorial
The stitch is a bit tedious to work on, but I LOVE the way it looks once complete! Especially when you work it with two colors so you not only get the textures, but the pretty color design as well!
The Finished Size
These crocheted boot cuffs are available in three sizes from small to large. However, the stitch pattern is so simple that you can basically crochet them to any size you want. Here is a crochet boot cuffs size chart.
The Yarn Used
I used Loops and Threads Impeccable. It’s a medium #4 worsted weight acrylic yarn. It’s nice and soft and washes well! Basically any yarn that gives you the gauge and/or the stretch that you’re looking for will work.
Other Patterns to Try
- Thermal Boot Cuffs
- Any Size Crochet Boot Cuffs
- Simple Boot Cuffs
- The Bonanza Boot Cuffs
- Charisma Boot Cuffs
Alternating Crochet Boot Cuffs
- Yarn: Loops and Threads Impeccable (#4) in two colors.
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm & I/9-5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 1" over 4 sc sts, and 2.25" over 4 st repeats (flhdc, sl st).
- Small: 4.5" across by 5.5" high.
- Medium: 6.75" across by 6" high
- Large: 7.5" across by 6.5" high
- CA = Color A – Brown
- CB = Color B – Green
- Blsc = Back Loop Single Crochet
- Blslst = Back Loop Slip Stitch
- Bpsc = Back Post Single Crochet
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Flhdc = Front Loop Half Double Crochet
- Hk = Hook
- Lp/Lps = Loop/Loops
- Rep = Repeat
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
Special Stitch Instructions
- The stitches are alternated with the half double crochet worked into the front loop only of the slip stitch, and the slip stitch is worked into the back loop only of the half double crochet.
- Alternating Between Front and Back Loop Tutorial
- All rounds are joined in both loops of first stitch made in round.
- Color changes are made after the joining slip stitch.
- If you experience difficulties making the first flhdc and blslst in each round, try wiggling the hook and keeping the stitches loose, but not too loose.
- Instructions are given for Small. Sizes Medium and Large are given in parenthesis.
- Row 1: With CA and H hk, ch 8, sc in 2nd ch from hk and in next 6 chs. Turn. (7 sc)
- Rows 2-32, (44, 56): Ch 1, blsc in each st across. Turn. (7 sts) Continue with this row until you have reached a desired circumference making sure to end in an even number of rows.
- Ch 1 and join the ribbing rows by slip stitching the last row to the free lps of starting chs.
Working in the Round
- Rnd 1: With I hk, Ch 1, and working into the ends of the ribbing rows, sc in first row end and into each row end around; With CB, join with sl st in first sc. [32, (44, 56) sts]
- Rnd 2: With CB, ch 1, flhdc in same st as join, blslst in next st, *flhdc in next st, blslst in next st; rep from * around; With CA, join with sl st in both lps of first flhdc. [32, (44, 56) sts]
- Rnd 3: With CA, blslst in same st as join, flhdc in next st, *blslst in next st, flhdc in next st; rep from * around; With CB, join with sl st in both lps of first blslst. [32, (44, 56) sts]
- Rnds 4-11, (13, 15): Repeat Rnds 2 & 3.
- Rnd 12, (14, 16): With CB, ch 1, blsc in same st as join and into each st around; With CA, join with sl st in first blsc.
- Rnd 13, (15, 17): With CA, ch 1, bpsc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first bpsc. Fasten Off.