Keep your feet and toes nice and cozy with these elegant looking crochet boot cuffs. They’ll keep the cold drafts out and also look great with any pair of boots. Wear them with tall boots or with ankle boots! My calves are too big for tall boots, so I like to wear them with my ankle boots.
The boot cuffs are simple to crochet, but feature a nice texture that you’ll enjoy wearing. And that also makes them great for last-minute gift ideas for friends and family.
The Stitch Pattern
The cuffs are started at the ribbing, which is worked in rows. Once you reach a desired size, join the two ends and begin working in the rounds for the body of the cuffs.
The rounds are worked with the extended single crochet and chain one space in one round. Then for the next round, you work two single crochets into each extended single crochet.
It’s very easy, but creates a simple, yet pretty texture.
The Finished Size
The finished size measure 9″ in circumference by 6″ long. Although these crochet boot cuffs are given in one size only, they can be crocheted to any size that you need them. Here is a crochet boot cuffs size chart.
To make adjustments to the circumference, increase or decrease the ribbing rows in any multiple of two to get the circumference that you need. As for the length, simply continue to crochet in the pattern rounds until you reach a desired length. You could even crochet up a cozy pair of leg warmers.
I chose Red Heart Super Saver, a medium worsted weight yarn. But, any similar worsted weight yarn will work. You could even try other yarn weights as well, as the stitch is very accommodating in that way.
Other Patterns to Try
- Thermal Boot Cuffs
- Any Size Crochet Boot Cuffs
- Simple Boot Cuffs
- Free Crochet Boot Cuffs Patterns
- Alternating Crochet Boot Cuffs
Also, be sure to visit Crochet Pattern Bonanza for more FREE Boot Cuffs Crochet Patterns.
The Bonanza Crochet Boot Cuffs
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver Medium Weight #4.
- Crochet Hooks: I/9-5.50mm & J/10-6.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 3" over 10 sts.
- Finished Size: Laying flat they measure 4.5" wide by 6" high.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Extended Single Crochet (ESC): Insert hook in stitch indicated, yarn over and pull up a loop (2 loops on hook), yarn over and pull through one loop (2 loops on hook), yarn over and pull through both loops on hook.
- Picot: Ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hook.
- Row 1: With I hook, Ch 7, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 5 chs. Turn. (6 sc)
- Rows 2-30: Ch 1, blsc in each st across. Turn. (6 sts) Continue with this row until you have reached a desired circumference making sure to end in an even number of rows.
- Ch 1 and join the ribbing rows by slip stitching the last row to the free lps of starting chs.
Working in the Round
- Rnd 1: With J hook and working along the ribbing edge and into every ribbing row. Ch 1 and sc in each ribbing row around; join with sl st in first sc. (30 sts)
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, (esc, ch 1) in same st as join, *sk next st, (esc, ch 1) in next st; rep from * around to last st; sk last st; join with sl st in first esc. (15 esc and ch-1 sps)
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, 2 sc in same st as join; *sk ch-1, 2 sc in next esc; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. (30 sts)
- Rnds 4-10: Rep rnds 2-3 for a total of 10 rnds or until you have reached a desired height making sure to end with rnd 2.
- Rnd 11: With I hook, Ch 1, (sc, picot) in same st as join; *sk ch-1, (sc, picot) in next esc; rep from * around; join with sl st in first esc. (15 picots.) Fasten Off.