This scrubbie dishcloth is handy to have in your kitchen as it is not only perfect for your toughest scrubbing needs, but it is also perfect for washing your finest dishes. On one side you have all cotton, which is gentle on your dishes, and on the other side you have a nice scrubbie attached for tough baked on messes.
In addition to a scrubbie dishcloth, this pattern also provides instructions for a scrubbie, a coaster, or just a plain cotton dishcloth. Make one or make them all and have them ready to gift as a housewarming gift.
Regardless of which item you’d like to make, this pattern is started off with a magic circle. As for stitches, all you need to know is the chains, single and half double crochet.
The scrubbie is joined at round 5 by picking up the back loops of your crochet stiches along with a few strands of the scrubbie to keep things secure. This process might be a bit awkward at first, but it’s really not hard to master.
Once the scrubbie is secured, you have the option to fasten it off after two more rounds. Or continue with the full 12 rounds for a nice dishcloth.
Alternatively you can leave the scrubbie off altogether if you like.
For the yarn you will need a dishcloth cotton because it holds up much better when it comes to scrubbing. Bernat Handicrafter Cotton is a #4 worsted weight cotton that works well for this.
As for the scrubbie, you can just go to the dollar store and pick up a pack of cheap scrubbies. The size should be between 3-4 inches in diameter. Mine were 3.5 inches, but there’s wiggle room if needed because you can join the cotton further to the top or further along on the side of the scrubbie if needed. It shouldn’t really matter where it is joined, as long as it is secured.
Other Patterns to Try
- Beginner Crochet Dishcloth Pattern with Striped Option
- Scrubby Yarn Crochet Pattern – Easy V-Stitch Scrubby Dishcloth
- Moss Stitch Crochet Dishcloth
- Peachy Round Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- HDC Criss Cross Stitch Dishcloth
Purchase Your Printable PDF
Floppy Scrubbie Dishcloth and Scrubbie
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m) Color: White, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Scrubbie: 3.5"
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 9 inches in diameter.
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- FO = Fasten Off
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- Rnd/Rnds = Round/Rounds
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- Sp/Sps = Space/Spaces
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- You have the option to make this with or without a scrubbie. The scrubbie is attached in Round 5, so two versions of the round are included.
- Rnd 1: Work 8 sc into a magic circle; pull tight and join with a sl st in first sc. [8 sc]
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, work 2 hdc into same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first hdc. [16 hdc]
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, work 2 sc into same st as join, sc in next st, *2 sc in next st, sc in next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [24 sc]
- Rnd 4: Ch 1, work 2 hdc into same st as join, hdc in next 2 sts, *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next 2 sts; rep from * around; join with sl st in first hdc. [32 hdc]
Attaching Crochet To Scrubbie:
- Rnd 5 (With Scrubbie): Align your crocheted work on scrubbie with scrubbie in behind. Ch 1, working into back loops only, sc in same st as join and into each st around making sure to catch the scrubbie in each stitch. Join with sl st in first sc. [32 sc]
- The image below shows the hook inserted in the back loop and the scrubbie.
- Rnd 5 (Without Scrubbie): Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. [32 sc]
- Rnd 6: Ch 1, (sc, ch 2) in same st as join, *sk next st, (sc, ch 2) in next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [16 ch-2 sps]
- Rnd 7: Sl st into ch-2 sp, ch 1, 4 hdc in same sp and in each sp around; join with sl st in first hdc. [64 hdc]
- Rnd 8: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into next 3 sts, ch 3, *sc in next 4 sts, ch 3; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [64 sc and 16 ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 9: Sl st into next 3 sts and into ch-3 sp, ch 1, 5 hdc in same sp and into each sp around; join with sl st in first hdc. [80 hdc]
- Rnd 10: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and in each st around; join with sl st in first sc. [80 sc]
- Rnd 11: Rep Rnd 6. [40 ch-2 sps]
- Rnd 12: Sl st into ch-2 sp, ch 1, 3 hdc in same sp and in each sp around; join with sl st in first hdc. FO.
Leave a Reply