Crochet Striped Blanket
If you enjoy mindless crochet patterns, then you will enjoy this crochet striped blanket. The color changes can be a bit annoying, but overall it’s a very relaxing and mindless pattern to work on. It is easy to adjust in size, making this the perfect crochet blanket to brighten up any room in the house.
The stitches are fairly solid, making this for a nice cozy blanket pattern for the winter.
The Stitch Pattern
The stitch pattern is similar to the seed stitch, but instead of working both the single and double crochets into the same stitch, each stitch is worked separately into the row below. So the single crochet is worked into the double crochet, and the double crochet into the single crochet.
The finished size is 64″ wide by 84″. It is perfect for a single bed, but can easily be adjusted to any size you want from a baby, to a lapghan or a king size bed.
Refer to this Blanket Sizes Chart to help take the guesswork out as to what size you need.
You can use any yarn and hook size that you like. I used Red Heart Comfort yarn, which is an economic yarn. It is not my favorite yarn to work with, but it comes out nicely in the wash, and therefore, I do prefer the yarn for afghans and blankets.
Red Heart Super Saver and Bernat Super Value are two excellent alternatives.
The Color Sequence
I worked this pattern with four colors, using an off-white in between each row of the other three colors. But, you can work this up in any color design that you like. The stitch pattern also looks great with three colors changed after each row.
Other Patterns to Try
- Open Stitch Quick Crochet Lapghan Pattern
- Super Bulky Easy Crochet Lapghan
- Growing Stripes Super Bulky Crochet Throw Pattern
- Fall Striped Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Alternating Striped Christmas Afghan
Crochet Striped Blanket
- Yarn: Red Heart Comfort – 3 off-white, 1 green, 1 purple, and 1 maroon
- Crochet Hook: I/9-5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 10 sts = 3"
- Finished Size: 64" wide by 84" long. Can be crocheted to any length or width.
- CA = Color A – Off White
- CB = Color B – Green
- CC = Color C – Purple
- CD = Color D – Maroon
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Dc = Double Crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- Sc = Single Crochet
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- Color changes are made at the last stage of last dc in each row.
- Fasten off each color after each row and crochet over the ends to save time later.
- Row1: With CA, Ch 201, or any multiple of 2 + 1. Sc in 2nd ch from hook, dc in next ch, *sc in next ch, dc in next ch; rep from * across. Change to CB at last step of last dc. (200 sts) Turn.
- Row 2: Working in back loops only, Ch 1, sc in first dc, dc in next sc, *sc in next dc, dc in next sc; rep from * across.
- Rows 3-83: Rep row 2 changing up your colors as follows:
- Row 3: CA
- Row 4: CC
- Row 5: CA
- Row 6: CD
- Row 7: CA
- Row 8: CB
- Row 9: CA
- Rows 4-9 form color sequence, rep until you have reached a desired length. Fasten Off at last row.
If you need an edging for this blanket, check out these crochet edging patterns.
Such a lovely blanket! By starting with a chain 201, definitely know this one took quite some time, but it shows in your finished blanket. I love it – including the color combination :) Pinned.
Thank you so much! and I appreciate the pin… thanks. :)