Make this v-stitch blanket crochet pattern for yourself or as a gift. The v-stitch is a bit of an open stitch, making it great for cooler summer days.
This v-stitch crochet blanket pattern uses the half double and double crochet v-stitch. I like the look of that variation, but you can just as easy stick with one or the other.
Three colors is what seemed to work well with this pattern. I used an aran for the half double crochet v-stitches, and then a green and purple for the rows worked in the double crochet v-stitch.
The finished size is 55 by 65 inches but can easily be increased to any size that you need. Use this blanket sizes chart to make this for anyone from baby sizes to throws and bed blankets.
As for the yarn, I used a medium weight acrylic yarn. If you need a summer blanket choose a cotton.
See More Free Crochet Patterns for Blankets
- Open Stitch Quick Crochet Lapghan Pattern
- Super Bulky Easy Crochet Lapghan
- Slanted Cluster Crochet Toddler Blanket in Super Bulky Yarn
- Textured Stripes Lapghan
- Blossom Crochet Blanket
V-Stitch Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver Jumbo (Worsted Weight (#4) 100% acrylic, 14 oz/396g – 744 yds/681m) – CA = Aran (2 balls), CB = Green (1 ball), CC = Purple (1 ball). Note: Color names given here are not as given on the yarn labels.
- Crochet Hook: I – 5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 6 V-Sts = 5"
- Finished Size: Approximately 65" long by 55" wide without an edging.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Hdc V-st: (hdc, ch 1, hdc) in designated ch or sp.
- Dc V-st: (dc, ch 1, dc) in designated sp.
- With CA, Ch 201, or any multiple of 3.
- Row 1: Hdc in 2nd ch from hook, sk next ch, hdc v-st in next ch *sk next 2 chs, hdc v-st in next ch; rep from * across to last 2 chs, sk next ch, hdc in last ch. Turn. FO. [66 v-sts]
- Row 2: With CB, stdc in first st, dc v-st in first v-st and into each v-st across. Dc in last st. Turn. FO.
- Row 3: With CA, sthdc in first st, hdc v-st in first v-st and into each v-st across. Hdc in last st. Turn. FO.
- Row 4: With CC, stdc in first st, dc v-st in first v-st and into each v-st across. Dc in last st. Turn. FO.
- Row 5: With CA, sthdc in first st, hdc v-st in first v-st and into each v-st across. Hdc in last st. Turn. FO.
- Rows 6-131: Repeat Rows 2 – 5.
- Single crochet evenly around working 3 sts into each corner. Join the round with a slip stitch. FO.