Here is the crossing over cowl to match last week’s Lightweight Crochet Beanie Pattern. The set is perfect for the fall, but can be crocheted for any season.
Use a solid color or add a few stripes. There are many options when it comes to adding stripes. One is to add just one or two stripes, and two, you can change to a different color at almost every round if you like.
It measures about 42 inches long and 4.5 wide. It wraps around twice for a cozy fit, but can also be worn long.
The cowl can be crocheted to any length by increasing the starting chains in multiples of 6.
You can use any type of yarn that you want. One of my testers used Caron Simply Soft, and the texture turned out really nice. However, I also love the drape you get with the ‘Woolike’ from Loops & Threads. So the choice is up to you.
Crossing Over Cowl
- Yarn: Woolike Yarn by Loops & Threads, super fine (1) yarn.
- Crochet Hook: G 4.0mm
- Tools: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 2" over 9 sts, gauge is not that important, however.
- Finished Size: When laying flat it measures 21" long and 4.5" high. Can be crocheted to any size, however.
- Ch 204 (or any multiple of 6); join with sl st in first ch to form ring.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc in same ch as join and into each ch around; join with sl st in first sc. (204 sts)
- Rnd 2: Ch 2 (does not count as st), dc in same st and into next 2 sts, *sk next 2 sts, dc in next st, ch 1, working in front of last dc, dc in first of skipped sts**, dc in next 3 sts; rep from * around ending last rep at **; join with sl st in first dc. (34 crossed sts)
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, work 1 sc into each st and into each ch-1 sp around; join with sl st in first st. (204 sts)
- Rnd 4: Sl st into next 2 sts, ch 4 (counts as first dc and ch-1 sp), working in front of ch-4, backtrack and dc in same st as join, *dc in next 3 sts**, sk next 2 sts, dc in next st, ch 1, working in front of last dc, dc in first of skipped sts; rep from * around ending last rep at **; join with sl st in first dc (3rd ch).
- Rnd 5: Same as rnd 3.
- Rnds 6-19: Rep rnds 2-5 until you have reached a desired height. FO at last rnd.