This beginner-friendly dishcloth pattern features four columns in an eyelet stitch. It not only adds to the design, but it also helps to keep the cloth flexible and speeds up the drying time.
The pattern is ideal for beginners as it only uses single crochets and chains. Also, it’s a good pattern to practice skipping stitches to make the eyelet columns. With three columns you have a perfect balance between solid and open stitches to make this perfect for gifting to your friends and neighbours.
Another beauty of this pattern is that you don’t need much yarn to complete it. Even in a solid color you don’t need much. And if you worked it up in stripes you could get away with even less.
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Eyelet Columns ESC Dishcloth Pattern for Beginners
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m) Color: Pale Yellow, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00MM
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 7" by 7"
Special Stitch Instructions
- ESC: Insert hook in stitch indicated, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through one loop, yarn over and pull through both loops on hook.
- Ch 22,
- Row 1: Esc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [21 esc]
- Row 2: Ch 1, esc in first st and into each st across. Turn. [21 esc]
- Row 3: Ch 1, esc in first 3 sts, *ch 1, sk next st, esc in next st, ch 1, sk next st, esc in next 3 sts; rep from * across. Turn. [15 esc and 6 ch-1 sps]
- Row 4: Ch 1, esc in first 3 sts, *ch 1, sk next ch, esc in next st, ch 1, sk next ch, esc in next 3 sts; rep from * across. Turn. [15 esc and 6 ch-1 sps]
- Rows 5-19: Repeat row 4.
- Row 20: Ch 1, esc in first st and into each st and into each ch across. Turn. [21 esc]
- Row 21: Ch 1, esc in first st and into each st across. [21 esc]
- Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner. Join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off.