This crochet dish cloth has a lot of open lace, so it’s more of a doily. It works up quick and easy and makes for a great gift to go in a spa set or as part of a housewarming gift.
It’s an open lace stitch pattern, which might not be what you are looking for in a dishcloth, however, you can use it as a duster, washcloth for the bathroom or as a pretty doily around your home.
For this design I used a cotton yarn; Bernat Handicrafter Cotton, but any similar worsted weight yarn will work just as well.
Doily Dish Cloth
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m) 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00MM
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: Round 1 measures 2.5 inches across dc sts, and 3 inches across from loop to loop.
- Finished Size: 10 inches in diameter at the widest points, & 9 inches in diameter at narrow points.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Beg Shell: (Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in loop.
- Shell: (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) all in loop.
- Rnd 1: Ch 5. Join with sl st. Ch 3 (Counts as first dc), 2 dc in ring, ch 3, (3 dc, ch 3) five times in ring. Join with sl st in top of first dc. (18 dc)
- Rnd 2: Sl st into next 2 dc and into next ch-3 lp, work beg shell in lp, ch 3, (shell in next lp, ch 3) 5 times. Join with sl st.
- Rnd 3: Sl st in next 2 dc and in first lp, ch 6, (counts as dc and ch 3) dc in same lp, (tr, ch 3, tr) in next lp. *(dc, ch 3, dc) in next lp, (tr, ch 3, tr) in next lp*. Rep from * to * 4 times. Join with sl st in 3rd ch of first 6 ch.
- Rnd 4: Sl st into lp, work beg shell in ch 3 lp, work shell in each ch 3 lp all around. Join with sl st in top of first ch 3. (12 shells).
- Rnd 5: Sl st in next 2 dc and into lp, ch 3 (counts as first dc), 2 dc in same lp, ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hook, 3 dc in same lp, *skip next 3 dc, (dc, ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hook, dc) in sp before next 3 dc**, (3 dc, ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hook, 3 dc) in lp of next shell. Rep from * around ending at **. Join with sl st in top of first dc. FO.