This crochet cup cozy pattern is worked up in the seed stitch. The stitch is worked by alternating between the single crochet and the double crochet stitches. It’s a nice solid texture with a bit of a spiral to it.
Work it up in a single color, or in as many colors as you need to use up your yarn scraps. The stitch looks great either way, making it a great pattern to clean up your stash while making gifts for all the tea and coffee drinkers in your life.
Best of all, is that it works up super quick and easy.
It is shown on a medium-sized coffee cup, but it should work other sizes as well.
Seed Stitch Crochet Cup Cozy Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m) 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: H 5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 6 sts = 2".
- Finished Size: Fits the average takeout coffee cup.
- Ch 28, join with sl st in first ch being careful not to twist.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, working into back bumps, sc in same ch as join, dc into next ch, *sc into next ch, dc into next ch; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [28 sts]
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, (sc, dc) into same st as join, *sk next st, (sc, dc) in next st; rep from * around to last st; sk last st; join with sl st in first sc. [28 sts]
- Rnds 3-8: Rep Rnd 2 until you have reached a desired height. Fasten off.