This shell baby blanket crochet pattern features an offset shell stitch to give you pretty lace that can be used for both baby boys and girls.
It works up quick, making it great for a last-minute baby shower gift. Or, because it works up so quickly, make a bunch in various baby colors to have them handy ahead of time.
My favorite thing about this baby blanket is that it’s super easy to work on while watching TV. Once you get past the first row, you simply feel for the chain one space, making it super easy whip up without having to constantly look down.
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Offset Shell Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Yarn: Loops and Threads Snuggly Wuggly Big! (Light; #3; 100% Acrylic; 1263yds/1154m; 14oz/396g) Color: Baby Denim Marl, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: G 4.00MM
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 4 shell sts = 5".
- Finished Size: 36" by 36"
Special Stitch Instructions
- Shell: (3 dc, ch 1, 1 dc) in designated ch or sp.
- Ch 142, or any multiple of 5 + 2.
- Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook (skipped chs count as first dc), sk next 2 chs, shell in next ch, *sk next 4 chs, shell in next ch; rep from * across to last 4 chs, sk next 2 chs, dc in last 2 chs. Turn. [27 shells and 4 dc]
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc in next st, shell in next ch-1 sp and into each ch-1 sp across, sk next 3 sts, dc in last 2 sts. Turn. [27 shells and 4 dc]
- Rows 3-59: Rep row 2.
- Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner. Join with slip stitch in first st. Fasten Off.