This v-stitch crochet shawl pattern is perfect for the winter to keep your upper body nice and cozy. It’s nice and wide to cover the back and shoulders, making it great for those in cold climates.
The easy shawl has a beautiful drape to complement just about any outfit from plain to dressy. Thus making it a great gift idea for all your friends and family members. Plus, you can easily adjust the size for each individual to make it unique for them.
It works up easy and is mindless to work on while watching your favorite show or listening to a radio station. It is relaxing, making it a great evening project.
The finished size as given is 21 inches wide by 58 inches long. You can increase the width in a multiple of 3 for the starting chains. As for the length, simply crochet until it’s long enough.
Bernat Premium is a medium worsted weight yarn, perfect for making crochet shawls. It is an acrylic yarn so you know it will wash well. It is available in fairly decent sized skeins, so you get a lot of yarn for the money you pay.
Plus, it is available in a variety of colors so you can easily mix and match the colors for a striped or color-block shawl.
The Stitch Pattern
This easy shawl crochet pattern features slightly different lace than most other v-stitch patterns. I alternated between the half double and double crochet v-stitches for a slightly different look.
HDC and DC V Stitch Crochet Shawl
- Yarn: Bernat Premium (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Acrylic; 7oz/198g; 360yds/329m) Color: Baby Blue, 3 balls.
- Crochet Hook: H-5.00mm
- Tools: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 15 sts/chs = 4".
- Finished Size: 21" wide by 58" long.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Hdc V-st: (hdc, ch 1, hdc) in designated ch or sp.
- Dc V-st: (dc, ch 1, dc) in designated sp.
- Ch 75, or any multiple of 3.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn. [74 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, hdc in first st, sk next st, hdc v-st in next st, *sk next 2 sts, hdc v-st in next st; rep from * across to last 2 sts, sk next st, hdc in last st. Turn. [24 v-sts]
- Row 3: Ch 2 (does not count as st), dc in first st, dc v-st in first v-st and into each v-st across. Dc in last st. Turn. [24 v-sts]
- Row 4: Ch 1, hdc in first st, hdc v-st in first v-st and into each v-st across. Hdc in last st. Turn. [24 v-sts]
- Rows 5-109: Rep Rows 3 & 4 alternatively.
- Row Last: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st and ch across. Fasten off,
- Rnds 1-2: Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner; join with a slip stitch in first Fasten off after the 2nd Rnd.