This quick crochet Barbie dress is perfect for her summer wardrobe. It features an open lace around the waist area for a nice touch of fashion. This open lace also allows for a cute belt if you like. Or, line it with a fabric at the back.
This crochet doll dress can be made with leftover yarns and makes for a nice stocking stuffer or birthday gift. I chose a solid color, but you could also add a few stripes if you like. Or, even just one stripe at the bottom would look very nice! That way you can literally use up the smallest amounts of scraps!
The Stitch Pattern
The first few rounds of this pattern are worked with the extended single crochet. Then at the waist we have the regular single crochet, chain spaces and the puff stitch. Then to finish it, we go back to extended single crochets again.
The Finished Size
The pattern is given for the 11.5″ barbie doll, however, in a simple multiple of three you could increase the circumference and crochet this for basically any doll you want. As for the length, simply repeat the extended single crochet rounds until you have reached the lengths on both the top and bottom.
I used a DK weight yarn, but if crocheting this for larger dolls, you could use any yarn and hook size that you have on hand. For the smaller dolls I’d recommend to stick with a DK or thinner.
It’s a tube dress, so something that gives you more stretch would also be nice.
Other Patterns to Try
- Fashion Doll Caps
- Fashion Doll Tube Dress
- Mini or Long Crochet Barbie Dress
- ESC Simple Fashion Doll Shrug
- ESC Simple Summer Sun Hat for the Fashion Doll
Fashion Doll Summer Dress
- Yarn: Butterfly Mercerized Cotton (DK #3)
- Crochet Hook: E – 3.5mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Fits the 11.5" Fashion Doll.
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Esc = Extended Single Crochet
- FO = Fasten Off
- Hk = Hook
- Lp/Lps = Loop/Loops
- Puff St = Puff Stitch
- Rep = Repeat
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- Sp/Sps = Space/Spaces
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- YO = Yarn Over
Special Stitch Instructions
- Extended Single Crochet (Esc): Insert hk in st or ch indicated, yo and pull up a lp, yo and pull through 1 lp, yo and pull through both lps on hk.
- Puff Stitch (Puff st): [Yo, insert hk into ch, yo and pull through] 3 times (7 lps on hk), yo and pull through all 7 lps. Ch 1 to close.
- Loosely ch 18, (or any multiple of 3.) Join with sl st in first ch being careful not to twist.
- Rnd 1: Working into back bumps, ch 1, esc in same ch as join and into each ch around; join with sl st in first esc. [18 sts]
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, esc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first esc. [18 sts]
- Rnds 3-6: Rep Rnd 2.
- Rnd 7: Ch 1, (sc, ch 3, puff st) in same st as join, *sk next 2 sts, (sc, ch 3, puff st) in next st; rep from * around to last 2 sts; sk last 2 sts; join with sl st in first sc. [6 ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 8: Sl st into ch-3 sp, ch 1, (sc, ch 3) in same ch-3 sp and into each ch-3 sp around; join with sl st in first sc. [6 ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 9: Sl st into ch-3 sp, ch 1, work 3 esc in same sp and into each ch-3 sp around; join with sl st in first esc. [18 sts]
- Rnds 10-15: Rep Rnd 2. FO at last Rnd.
You might also enjoy more FREE Barbie Crochet Patterns at CPB.
Leave a Reply