This crochet bath scrubbie is a nice alternative to the store-bought bath poufs. It is not only made with natural material, but it is also durable. Plus, it doesn’t take long to make, making it a great last-minute gift idea.
One downfall of a crocheted bath pouf is that it takes longer to dry. However, it you hang it in a well ventilated area you shouldn’t have a problem.
The finished measurement is about 3 inches across the diameter. This is a good size, but if you need it bigger you can easily use a thicker yarn.
I used 24/7 cotton yarn by Lion Brand. Although a medium worsted weight, it is much thinner than a regular worsted weight and works well with a G crochet hook
Originally I used Bernat Handicrafter, but I have come to like the 24/7 cotton better for my scrubbies.
How it is Made
The crochet bath pouf pattern starts off with five chains to make a circle. Then you simply make a bunch of chain loops for the first two rounds. The last round is worked with more solid stitches to create pointed petals to fill the pouf.
You only need to know the basic crochet stitches and the picot to make this.
Crochet Bath Scrubbie
- Yarn: Lion Brand Yarns – 24/7 Cotton (Medium, #4; 100% Mercerized Cotton; 3.5oz/100g; 186yds/170m) – 1 ball.
- Crochet Hook: G 4.00mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 4" across the diameter.
- Ch 5, join with sl st to form ring.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc into ring, [ch 4, sc into ring] 25 times; ch 40; join with sl st in first sc. [25 ch-4 lps and 1 ch-40 lp]
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, [sc, ch 4] 4 times into first ch-4 lp and into each ch-4 lp around; skip the 40 chs; join with sl st in first sc. [100 ch-4 lps]
- Rnd 3:Ch 1, [sc, hdc, dc, ch 3, sl st in third ch from hook, dc, hdc, sc] into first ch-4 lp and into each ch-4 lp around; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off.