If you’re looking for texture, then this crochet scrubbie pattern is for you. Not only are the textures great for scrubbing and trapping debris, but this design results in a nice thick scrubby as well. It can be re-used over and over again for many uses!
Crochet face scrubbies are great for removing make up and washing your face. They only take a few minutes to crochet and make for great gift ideas.
Combine the scrubby in a gift basket along with a back scrubber, bath pouf, soap saver and a washcloth for a nice handmade gift set. It’s also a nice stashbuster, making it easy to whip up a bunch and have them ready for when the occasion calls.
A quick and easy pattern like this is also great for selling at craft fairs.
This easy crochet scrubbie pattern only measures 3 inches across the diameter making it great for the face, or for the kitchen and around the home.
I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton, a medium worsted weight yarn, along with a 5 mm crochet hook. You only need a small amount of yarn. And if you choose to work this in more than one color you can use up the very smallest scrap pieces if you like.
You can substitute with a similar cotton yarn like Lily Sugar n Cream or Lion Brand cotton.
The Stitch Pattern
The stitch pattern is easy to work up. The textures are created simply with post stitches and by working the single and triple crochet stitches into the same stitch.
At the first and fourth rounds, the scrubby is joined with an invisible join and fastened off to give you a nice clean look. This makes it super easy to incorporate a second color, and maybe even a third color if you like.
Bumpy Ridges Crochet Scrubbie Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Medium worsted weight #4.
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 3" across.
- Rnd 1: Ch 2, work 10 hdc in 2nd ch from hook; join with an invisible join in first hdc. (10 sts) Fasten off.
- Rnd 2: Work a stbpsc in same st as join, bpsc in next st and into each st around; join with sl st in stbpsc. (10 sts)
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, (sc, tr) in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. (20 sts)
- Rnd 4: Ch 1, 2 hdc in same st as join, hdc in next st, *2 hdc in next st, hdc in next st; repeat from * around; join with an invisible join in first hdc. (30 sts) Fasten Off.
- Rnd 5: Repeat Rnd 2. (30 sts) Fasten Off.