Use this pretty crochet flower coaster for your coffee cups, or as a facial scrubbie. It works up quick and easy, and be made with leftover yarns to clean up your yarn stash.
The red and white colors are perfect for Valentine’s, Christmas or for the Canadian Patriotic holiday. Choose any colors you like to match your home. I used two colors for one, and only one color for the next, and both turned out lovely.
There are 8 petals to this motif, so it’ll work perfectly for joining as many motifs as you like. Thus it should work to make a circular doily or a square blanket, whichever you prefer.
How it’s Made
This crochet coaster pattern is worked in rounds. It is started off with a chain-4 circle, but you can also start it with a magic ring. The first round is worked in puff stitches, but then after that it’s the basic crochet stitches along with chain spaces for a pretty design.
The Finished Size
The finished size measure 4 inches in diameter. It’s perfect for just about all cups and mugs, but can also be used as a scrubbie.
As for yarn, I used a #4 cotton, Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. But any yarn will work depending on what you want to use this for. For a coaster and scrubbie I would recommend a cotton yarn. However, I’ve heard others say they prefer acrylic for a scrubbie, so it’s totally up to you.
Acrylic and other finer yarns would be great if crocheting a wrap or a blanket.
You could also try making it in thread to create a doily by piecing together several of these pretty motifs.
Other Patterns to Try
- Crochet Square Coaster Pattern
- Little Dots Coaster Crochet Pattern by Underground Crafter
- Extended Single Crochet Round Coaster Pattern
- Seed Stitch Crochet Coaster Pattern
- A Bullion Stitch Coaster
And be sure to check out CPB for more Free Crochet Patterns for Crochet Coasters.
Purchase Your Printable PDF
Crochet Flower Coaster
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Worsted Weight #4 in 2 colors.
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Measures 4" across the diameter.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Puff Stitch (Puff st): [Yo, insert hk into ring, yo and pull through] 2 times (5 loops on hk), yo and pull through all 5 loops.
- Crochet in one or two colors.
- If crocheting in one color, ignore the color changes.
- If changing colors, join new color in joining slip stitch of previous round.
- Carry unused yarn up at each round.
- With CA, ch 4, join with sl st in first ch to form ring.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, (puff st, ch 1) 4 times into ring; join with sl st in first puff st. [4 puff sts and 4 ch-1 sps]
- Rnd 2: With CB, ch 1, work 2 sc in same st as join and into each st and ch around; join with sl st in first sc. [16 sc]
- Rnd 3: With CA, ch 1, (sc, ch 3) in same st as join, *skip next st, (sc, ch 3) in next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [8 ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 4: Sl st into ch-3 sp, ch 1, (sc, ch 3) in same sp and into each ch-3 sp around; join with sl st in first sc. [8 ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 5: With CB, ch 3 (counts as first dc), work another 4 dc in same st as join, sc in ch-3 sp, *5 dc in next sc, sc in next ch-3 sp; rep from * around; join with sl st in first dc. [48 sts] Fasten Off.