This crochet beaded hair scrunchie works up quick and easy for those comfortable with crocheting. And with only a small amount of yarn and a few beads you can make a quick last-minute gift for just about any girl on your list.
You can adjust the fullness of the scrunchie by doing more or less repeats in round one. The number of repeats needed here will also depend on the size of the elastic that you are crocheting around.
Another way to customize it is with the beads. Use all one color, mix and match, or crochet this without the beads altogether! Either way, this crochet hair scrunchie is sure to become a favorite.
I used Patons Brilliant yarn, a sport-weight yarn. However, the yarn has been discontinued, but any similar yarn strong enough to hold beads will work just as well.
As for the beads, make sure they have a big enough hole to fit over the yarn.
Crochet Beaded Hair Scrunchie
- Yarn: Patons Brilliant Yarn
- Crochet Hook: E 3.50mm
- Other: 1 Goody Hair elastic
- 20 beads with a hole big enough to slide over yarn.
- Tools: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Slide all beads onto the yarn before joining the yarn to the elastic. Keep sliding beads along until called for.
- Rnd 1: Join yarn to elastic, ch 1, (sc, ch 2) around elastic 60 times, join with sl st in first sc. (60 loops)
- Rnd 2: Sl st into loop, ch 1, (sc, ch 3, sc) in same loop, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next loop, (sc, hdc, dc, slide first bead up to hook, ch 1 around bead, dc, hdc, sc) into next loop, *(sc, ch 3, sc) into next 2 loops, (sc, hdc, dc, slide next bead up to hook, ch 1 around bead, dc, hdc, sc) into next loop; repeat from * around; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off.