This is a quick and easy lacy granny square pattern. It’s great for stash
The crochet granny squares can be used to make a blanket, pillow, and so much more!
The finished size of this square measures 5 inches across. However, you can easily add a few additional rounds of stitches to bring it up another few inches if you need it larger.
I used Patons Canadiana, a medium worsted weight yarn. The yarn is luxurious and super soft, making it a great choice if you plan on making a blanket for gift-giving.
This square can be crocheted up with any scrap yarn, provided you stitch with the same brand throughout the project.
Pretty Corners 5″ Lacy Granny Square
- Yarn: Patons Canadiana #4 – Medium weight acrylic yarn.
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 5" across
- Rnd 1: With CA, Ch 2, (sc, ch 4) 4 times in 2nd ch from hook, join with sl st in first sc. (4 ch-4 sps)
- Rnd 2: Join CB and sl st into ch-4 sp, ch 3 (counts as first dc), work another 6 dc into same sp, work 7 dc into next 3 sps; join with sl st in first dc. (28 sts)
- Rnd 3: With CA, *Sl st into next st, ch 3, sk next st, (dc, ch 3) twice in next st, sk next st, sl st in next st, sk next st, 3 dc in sp before next st, sk next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in same st as where the first ch 3 was made. (12 ch-3 sps and 4 groups of 3 dc)
- Rnd 4: With CB, Sl st into ch-3 sp and FO CA, Ch 3, work another 2 dc in same sp, *7 dc in next ch-3 sp, 3 dc in next ch-3 sp, sk next dc, 3 dc in next dc, sk next dc**, 3 dc in next ch-3 sp; rep from * around ending last rep at **; join with sl st in first dc. (64 sts)
- Rnd 5: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around working 5 sc into each corner st. Join with sl st and FO. (80 sts)