Use this 3 inch chain stitch crochet afghan square pattern to use up your tiniest amounts of scrap yarn. A few ideas would be a scarf, a doll blanket, or even a full-sized afghan if you have a lot of scraps to work with.
As is, this little square is perfect to go with a flat-braid join. But if you wanted to use a join with more solid stitches you could easily add a single crochet border.
3 Inch Chain Stitch Crochet Afghan Square
- Yarn: Vanna's Choice (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% acrylic; 3.5oz/100g; 170 yds/156 m) Small amount of two colors
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- CA = Orange
- CB = Red
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- FO = Fasten Off
- Lp/Lps = Loops/Loops
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- Rnd 1: With CA, make a magic circle, ch 1, work 8 sc into magic circle; join with sl st in first sc. FO. [8 sts]
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, (sc, ch 3) in first st and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. FO [8 ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 3: Join CB with a stsc in first ch-3 sp, ch 3, (sc, ch 3) in next sp and into each sp around; join with sl st in first sc. [8 ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 4: Sl st into first ch-3 sp, ch 1, (sc, ch 3) twice in the same sp, (sc, ch 3) in next sp, *(sc, ch 3) twice in next sp, (sc, ch 3) in next sp; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. FO. [12 ch-3 sps]