If you enjoy mindless crochet patterns, then you will enjoy the simplicity in this crochet super scarf pattern. The scarf is worked with a bulky yarn using basic stitches that give you a beautiful texture on both sides of the fabric. The pattern is perfect for beginners who are comfortable working their stitches into the front loops.
Super scarves made a comeback a few years back and in 2021 are still a big trend! They are wider and longer than a regular scarf, and can be worn many ways. You can easily adjust the width and length to your liking, add some pockets or even a bit of fringe along the ends to make this pattern unique for you.
The Stitch Pattern
The scarf is worked in half double crochets and chain one spaces to give you a bit of lace, but not too much. Each row is worked into the front loops only, so you get a beautiful texture on both sides of the scarf. I did not work an edging around, but you could easily do a simple edge simply by working a round of single crochet stitches.
Not only do you get a nice texture by working into the front loops only, but you also get a beautiful drape.
The finished size after crocheting is 11″ wide x 85″ long. But, it will stretch even longer once worn, especially since it’s worked into only one loop. The width is easy to adjust in a multiple of two for your starting chains.
Another beauty of this super scarf is that it works up quick and easy as well, due to the yarn and hook size that was used. I used 5 skeins of Loops and Threads Charisma yarn. It is a #5 bulky weight, 100% acrylic yarn. It comes in 109 yds / 3.5 oz balls and recommends an 8 mm crochet hook for best results.
Not only is this yarn super soft, but it is also nice and strong! Which makes it perfect for this pattern.
Originally I worked this up in Serenity Chunky Weight by Premier Yarns with a 9 mm crochet hook, which also resulted in a beautifully textured crochet scarf.
Other Patterns to Try
- Dandy Super Scarf
- Triple Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Seed Stitch One Skein Crochet Scarf
- Crunch Stitch Easy Crochet Winter Scarf
- Offset Shell Quick Crochet Scarf
Purchase Your Printable PDF
Crochet Super Scarf
- Yarn: Loops and Threads Charisma (Bulky Weight, #5; 100% Acrylic; 109 yds/3.5; 100m/100g) Color: Jam, 5 balls
- Crochet Hook: 8.00 mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 11" wide by 85" long.
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Hdc = Half Double Crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- Ch 34, or any multiple of 2 to get the width that you need.
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, (hdc, ch 1) in 2nd ch from hook. *skip next ch, (hdc, ch 1) in next ch; rep from * across. Note: Last ch-1 made counts as turning chain, now and throughout pattern. Turn. [17 hdc]
- Row 2: Working in front loops only, (hdc, ch 1) in first hdc and into each hdc across. Turn. [17 hdc]
- Rows 3-106: Rep Row 2 until you have reached a desired length. Fasten Off at last Row.
If you enjoyed this free crochet scarf pattern you might also enjoy the huge collection of Crochet Scarves at CPB.