This triple crochet scarf pattern is very easy to crochet to any size you want from child to adult. And if you join the ends, you can also make this into a nice infinity scarf. Another option for an infinity scarf would be to join your starting chains. Then work the pattern in rounds, joining each round and turning after each round.
My personal favorite thing about this scarf is the pretty ribbed effect. This is done simply by working into the front and back loops. Another beauty is that it’s easy and mindless to whip up. Plus! you only need one skein of yarn.
I used Bernat POP, a medium weight acrylic yarn. It is self-striping, so you can create a nice color design without having to change any colors.
This is my first time working with Bernat POP! yarn. I wasn’t sure about the stripes about half-way through, but decided to keep on going just to see the final outcome. And I love how it turned out with the off-white along the outside edges.
Other Patterns to Try:
- Stashbuster Striped Crochet Dishcloth
- Seed Stitch One Skein Crochet Scarf
- Clustered V-St Crochet Spring Scarf
- Half Double and V-Stitch Easy Crochet Scarf
- Crunch Stitch Easy Crochet Winter Scarf
Triple Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat POP! (Worsted Weight (#4) — 100% Acrylic — 5 oz / 140g — 280yds / 256 m) — 1 ball
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 13 sts = 4" Gauge however, is not important for this project.
- Finished Size: 55" long by 7" wide when laying flat.
- Bltr = Back Loop Triple Crochet
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Flsc = Front Loop Single Crochet
- Sc = Single Crochet
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- Tr = Triple Crochet
- Ch 184,
- Row 1: Working into back bumps, tr in 6th ch from hook (skipped chs count as first tr); tr in next ch and into each ch across. Turn. [180 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, flsc in first st and into each st across. Turn. [180 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 4, (counts as first tr, now and throughout), bltr in next st and into each st across. Turn. [180 sts]
- Rows 4-11: Repeat rows 2 and 3. Fasten Off at last Row.
- Working from right side, add a single crochet edging with 3 sc sts in each corner.