This easy crochet afghan square has a nice curled up center. It begins to curl a bit at the first round, and curls over even more once you do the back post double crochet stitches in the second round.
You can work it up in pretty floral colors for a budding spring flower.
My favorite thing about this square is that you can use up your odds and ends for a bright and beautiful blanket. And with it being just under four inches, the uses are endless. With two squares back to back you can make a cute little bag for a toddler. Or piece multiple squares for a bigger bag, or a pillow to match your blanket.
Other Patterns to Try:
- 3.75 Inch Popcorn Crochet Flower Afghan Square
- 3″ Open Center Quick Granny Square
- Mini Afghan Square
- 6″ Simple Crochet Square for a Blanket or Other Projects
- Picot Flower 12″ Afghan Square
3-Inch Raised Center Easy Crochet Afghan Square
- Yarn: Vanna's Choice (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% acrylic; 3.5oz/100g; 170 yds/156 m) 3 colors.
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Standing Back Post Double Crochet (Standing bpdc): Place a slip knot on your hook, Yarn over and insert hook from behind your work around the post of stitch indicated. Yarn over and pull up a loop (3 Loops on hook); (Yarn over and pull through 2 loops) twice.
- Rnd 1: With CA, make a magic ring, ch 3 (counts as first dc), work another 11 dc into the ring. Pull tight and join with sl st in first dc (ch 3). FO. [12 sts]
- Rnd 2: With CB, work a standing bpdc around base of first dc, ch 1, (bpdc, ch 1) around base of next st and around each st around; join with sl st in first bpdc. FO. [12 sts and 12 ch-1 sps]
- Rnd 3: With CC, work a standing dc in first ch-1 sp, work another 6 dc in same sp, *1 dc into each of next 2 ch-1 sps**, 7 dc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * around ending last rep at **; join with sl st in first dc. [36 sts]
- Rnd 4: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into next 2 sts, [3 sc into next st, sc in next 8 sts] 3 times; 3 sc into next st, sc in last 5 sts; join with sl st in first sc. FO. [44 sts]