Make this easy crochet cowl pattern in any size you want from child to adult. The cowl is crocheted in two colors for a nice contrast along the textured rounds, but feel free to use one or as many colors as you like. It’s a very easy and mindless pattern, but as you can see, it is elegant enough to wear with any of your favorite outfits.
And you can wear it long like a scarf or cozy around the neck as you like. With the snowy winter weather here, it’s perfect for a jacket, but in the spring and fall weather, you could wear it over a long-sleeved shirt on cooler days. The way it is shown below goes great under a winter coat.
For this cowl crochet pattern I used Patons Canadiana yarn. It is a soft medium worsted acrylic yarn, but can easily be substituted with anything you might have in your yarn closet. Personally I would recommend Vanna’s Choice or Caron Simply Soft if you don’t have Patons.
Other Patterns to Try:
- Quick and Easy Crochet Infinity Cowl Pattern
- Chains and Ribs Crochet Chunky Cowl
- Striped Hooded Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Yin and Yang Infinity Cowl
- Any Size Scrap Crochet Cowl Pattern
Easy Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Yarn: Patons Canadiana (Worsted Weight (#4) – 100% acrylic, 100g /3.5oz) – 2 balls – CA = Dark Green Tea, CB = Cherished Green
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 14 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 46" by 5.25".
- Work instructions within parenthesis into one stitch as directed.
- Carry unused yarn up at each round.
- With CA, Ch 160 (or any multiple of 2 for desired circumference), join with sl st to first ch being careful not to twist.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, working into back bumps, sc in first ch and into each ch around; join with sl st in first sc. [160 sts]
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, (sc, tr) into same st as join, *sk next st, (sc, tr) into next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [160 sts]
- Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. [160 sts]
- Rnd 4: With CB, Ch 1, (sc, dc) into same st as join, *sk next st, (sc, dc) into next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [160 sts]
- Rnds 5-8: Rep Rnd 4.
- Rnd 9: With CA, Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. [160 sts]
- Rnd 10: Rep Rnd 2 with CA.
- Rnd 11: Rep Rnd 3 with CA.
- Rnds 12-16: Rep Rnd 4.
- Rnd 17: Rep Rnd 9.
- Rnd 18: Rep Rnd 2 with CA.
- Rnd 19: Rep Rnd 3 with CA. Fasten Off.