This ear warmer headband crochet pattern is worked up in an open bullion stitch. It is perfect for the spring and fall weather, and makes for a nice gift idea!
Here is the headband to match last week’s cowl. It’s easy to adjust to any size and stays on nicely… even on my head. It’s not very warm, but I do love the pretty lace. If you have long hair, this might be all you need to keep cozy in the winter. Or, wear it in the summer to hold your hair back.
The pattern is given in one size, but can easily be modified to fit any size. This ear warmer size chart may come in handy.
I used a worsted weight yarn for this, but because it is so easy to adjust in size, you could use pretty much any yarn and crochet hook.
You Might Also Enjoy These Crochet Earwarmer Headbands
- Twist Front Crochet Ear Warmer – Extended Single Crochet
- Easy Crochet Twisted Ear Warmer For Beginners
- Blossom Stitch Crochet Twisted Headband
- Charisma Chunky Crochet Ear Warmer
- Wide Crochet Headband – Open Diamonds
Lacy Bullion Stitch Earwarmer Headband Crochet Pattern
- Yarn: Loops & Threads Impeccable (or any worsted weight yarn.)
- Crochet Hook: I/9-5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 3" over 9 sc. Gauge is not that important as you can adjust it to any size in multiples of 2.
- Finished Size: Laying flat it measures 8.5" over sc sts, 9.5" over the bullion sts and 3.5" wide.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Bullion Stitch: YO 6 times, insert hk into designated st/sp, yo and pull through (8 lps on hk), yo and pull through all lps on hk, yo and pull through to close stitch.
- Bullion Stitch Photo Tutorial
- Ch 52, or any multiple of 2; Join with sl st in first ch being careful not to twist chs.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc in same ch as join and into each ch around; join with sl st in first sc. (52 sts)
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, working in bl only, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. (52 sts)
- Rnd 3: Ch 3, working in both lps, work bullion st in same st as join; *sk next st, bullion st in next st; rep from & around; sk last st, join with sl st to first bullion st. (26 bullion sts)
- Rnd 4: Ch 1, (sc, ch 5) in sp before next bullion st and into each sp around; join with sl st to first sc. (26 ch-5 sps)
- Rnd 5: Sl st into next 3 chs, ch 3, work bullion st into same ch-5 lp and into each ch-5 lp around; join with sl st to first bullion st. (26 bullion sts)
- Rnd 6: Ch 1, sc into same st as join and into each st and into each sp around; join with sl st to first sc. (52 sts)
- Rnd 7: Same as rnd 2. FO.