This easy crochet bath pouf pattern works up quickly and easily. It is the perfect alternative to washcloths used in your showers and baths.
The bath scrubbie makes for a great gift for yourself or anyone else on your list. Match it up with a soap saver and a homemade bar of soap and you’ll have a nice pampering gift set for mom or a friend.
The finished size measures about 4.5″ to 5″ across the top. It’s fairly large. If you need something smaller you could try using a thinner yarn.
I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton yarn. It is a medium worsted weight yarn, made with natural fibers, making it great for anyone with skin sensitivities.
The cotton yarn is super absorbent and works well for scrubbing. It can take long to dry, but this pattern is crocheted in an open lace to help increase the drying time.
Acrylic yarn will dry faster, but it may not be as effective or durable.
Triple Easy Crochet Bath Pouf Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Tools: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Measures about 4.5"-5" across the diameter on top.
- Ch 5, join with sl st to form ring.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, (sc, ch 3) 10 times into ring. Join with sl st in first sc. (10 lps)
- Loop for Hanging: Ch 30, skip next 5 lps, sl st in next sc. (Keep this loop at the back of your work so it don’t get tangled in with the other rounds.) Begin rnd two in next lp.
- Rnd 2: Sl st into ch-3 lp, ch 1, (sc, ch 3) 4 times into each ch-3 lp around; join with sl st in first sc. (40 ch-3 lps.)
- Rnd 3: Sl st into ch-3 lp, ch 7 (counts as first tr and ch-3), (tr, ch 3) 3 times into same lp, (tr, ch 3) 4 times into next lp and into each lp around; join with sl st in first tr (4th ch). Fasten Off.