Here is a pretty face scrubbie to make a part of your facial cleansing routine. It’s worked up in a light cotton yarn, so you have room for more details. On top of that, it is soft on the face, making it the perfect scrubbie for removing makeup at the end of the day.
With the pretty textures and design, you’ll be proud to included this facial scrubbie in a gift basket along with some homemade soaps and other bath and spa items. Make one, or a whole stack of face scrubbies to last through the week! You can wash your scrubbie by hand after each use, or collect them in a mesh laundry bag to have them ready for the washing machine.
You can use any leftover yarn and work this up in several colors if you like. The middle especially would look nice if you changed to a new color at round 3. That should bring out the floral design a bit better.
The Stitch Pattern
This stitch pattern is at the intermediate level. It requires you know how to work a cluster stitch. You will need to be comfortable with working into two rounds below, as well as working the cluster in front and the back of the previous round made. If you’ve mastered those skills, or are ready to learn them, then you should be able to breeze through this free crochet pattern.
The crochet scrubbie ruffles a lot. However the last two rounds bring it to a point where you can block the ruffles out. It doesn’t have to be a perfect block, as it’s only a scrubbie. But if you want to gift it, or use it as a decoration, then you might want to take the time to pin everything in place.
The size is about 4.5 inches after blocking. It’s perfect for a scrubbie. But if you want to make it bigger for a decoration, you could always experiment with thicker or thinner yarn to get it to the size you want.
I used Patons Grace, which is labeled as a light #3 yarn. It’s a 100% mercerized cotton yarn and is very similar to a size 3 crochet cotton. The recommended hook size on the yarn label is a 3.75mm, but I used a 3.5mm.
You only need a single skein of cotton yarn to make one. If you plan on making more, the yarn is available in several bright and beautiful colors.
You Might Also Like These Crochet Face Scrubbies
- Picot Edge Crochet Scrubby Pattern
- Bumps in the Round Scrubby Crochet Pattern
- Cluster Picot Flower Scrubby Crochet Pattern
- Bumpy Ridges Crochet Scrubbie Pattern
- Picot Burst Crochet Cotton Face Scrubbies Pattern
Crochet Doily Face Scrubbie
- Yarn: Patons Grace (Light, #3; 100% Mercerized Cotton; 50g/1.75oz; 125m/136yds) 1 ball. Color: Mocha
- Crochet Hook: E/3.50MM
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 4.5" in diameter
Special Stitch Instructions
- 5tr cl: *Yo twice, insert hook in st indicated, yo and pull up a lp, [yo and pull through two lps] twice; rep from * 4 times; (6 lps on hook) yo and pull through all 6 lps.
- Rnd 1: Work 10 sc into a magic ring; join with sl st in first sc. [10 sc]
- Rnd 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc now and throughout), 3 dc in same st as join, ch 2, *sk next st, 4 dc in next st, ch 2; rep from * around to last st; sk last st; join with sl st in first dc (3rd ch). [5 ch-2 sps]
- Rnd 3: Ch 3, dc in next 3 dc, ch 3, *working entirely in front of work, work 5tr cl in skipped st of Rnd 1, ch 3**, dc in next 4 dc, ch 3; rep from * around ending last rep at **; join with sl st in first dc. [10 ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 4: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into next 3 sts, *ch 3, (Working in behind the back of Rnd 3 and into the ch-2 sp of Rnd 2, work [5tr cl, ch 3] twice;** sc in next 4 dc in Rnd 3; rep from * around ending last rep at **; join with sl st in first sc. [15 ch-3 sps]
- Rnd 5: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into next 3 sts, *3 sc in ch-3 sp, [sc in top of 5tr cl, 3 sc in ch-3 sp] twice, sc in next 4 sts; rep from * around ending last rep at **; join with sl st in first sc. [75 sts]
- Rnd 6: Ch 1, hdc in same st as join, and into each st around; join with sl st in first hdc. [75 sts]
- Rnd 7: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. [75 sts]
- Soak the scrubbie in warm water. Squeeze out excess water and lay flat to dry. Use pins for a perfectly round shape.