Make this crochet fall wrap in any two or more colors as you like. I changed color after every eight rows, but it’s super easy to customize this as you like. Work it up in three colors changing every row, every two rows, or whatever works with your wardrobe and/or yarn stash! That’s basically what I did and it turned out great!
I had this Lion Brand 24/7 cotton yarn, and the first thing that came to mind was a shawl for the fall. It’s a cotton material, but with the stitch that I used, I think it’ll make for a nice cozy wrap, just perfect for the fall season.
The Stitch Pattern
The shawl is worked in rows with the half double crochet cross stitch and rows of single crochets.
It’s a super easy and mindless stitch pattern that you can enjoy along with watching your favorite T.V. shows. (Can you tell by now that I enjoy T.V. while I crochet?)
The finished size is 64″ x 12″ after blocking. But, in a simple multiple of 2 + 1, you can adjust this to any length that you like. The width too can be adjusted simply by doing more repeats of the pattern.
I used Lion Brand 24/7 cotton just because the colors I had on hand were so fitting for the fall. But, honestly, this stitch will look great in any yarn and color design that you want. Just make sure to do a gauge swatch to calculate the number of stitches you need for the size that you want.
How to Block
To block this you need to wet it down. Then squeeze out any excess water with your hands and then with a towel. Lay it flat and allow to dry completely.
Other Patterns to Try
- Open Stitch Easy Rectangular Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Red, White and Blue Crocheted Shawl Pattern
- Simple Seeded Lace – Rectangular Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Asymmetrical Shawl
- Slanted Cluster Elegant Crochet Wrap Pattern
HDC Criss-Cross Crochet Fall Wrap
- Yarn: Lion Brand Yarns – 24/7 Cotton (Medium, #4; 100% Mercerized Cotton; 3.5oz/100g; 186yds/170m) CA – Camel, 4 balls; CB – Tangerine, 2 balls.
- Crochet Hook: 4.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 15 sc sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 64" x 12"
- I changed colors after every 8 rows, but it's easy to customize that to your liking.
- To Change Color: Work the stitch as normal until the last step and you have two loops left on hook; drop the old color, pick up the new color and draw through both loops to complete the stitch.
- Fasten off the old color after each color change.
- With CA, ch 241, or any multiple of 2 + 1.
- Row 1: Hdc in 2nd ch from hook, *sk next ch, hdc in next ch, hdc in skipped ch; rep from * across to last ch, hdc in last ch. Turn. [240 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first st and in each st across. Turn. [240 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, hdc in first st, *sk next st, hdc in next st, hdc in skipped st; rep from * across to last st, hdc in last st. Turn. [240 sts]
- Rows 4-7: Rep rows 2 & 3.
- Row 8: Rep rows 2, changing to CB in last st.
- Rows 9-15: With CB, Rep rows 2-3.
- Row 16: Rep rows 2, changing to CA in last st.
- Rows 17-23: With CA, Rep rows 2-3.
- Row 24: Rep rows 2, changing to CB in last st.
- Rows 25-39: Rep Rows 9-23.
- Rnd 1: With CA, ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc.
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc around with 3 sc in each corner; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten Off.