This crochet wrap pattern is worked up in a fine yarn, making it great for cooler summer evenings. At the same time, its a fairly solid stitch pattern, so you could make this and wear it year round, including cold winter weather.
I chose two colors (Canadian Flag) colors, but you can just as easily use three or more colors to get a pretty color design. Yarn is carried up at each side, so you don’t have to worry about weaving in a million ends if you decide to use more colors.
One great thing about a crochet wrap is that you can wear it many different ways from a cozy shoulder wrap to a cozy scarf or cowl. All you need is a shawl pin and let your imagination and style guide you.
Other Patterns to Try:
- Summer Crochet Lace Wrap
- Cluster V-St Small Shell Crochet Shoulder Wrap
- Simple Lace Crochet Summer Wrap Pattern
- Open Stitch Easy Rectangular Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Half Double and V-Stitch Super Fine Crochet Wrap
Crochet Wrap Pattern
- Yarn: Cotton Fair by Premier Yarns (Fine (#2) – 52% Cotton, 48% Acrylic, 317yds/290m – 3.5oz./100g) 2 balls of CA = White and 3 balls CB = Red (Note: I used 2 balls of CB and had just enough to finish, but I recommend to get 3 balls just in case.)
- Crochet Hook: G 4.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge (Before Blocking): 14 sts/chs and 14 rows = 3"
- Finished Size (After Blocking): 17.5" wide x 66" long.
- Change to new color at last step in last stitch made in previous row/color.
- Carry unused yarn up at the side.
- It is shown here in two colors, which are changed after every two rows. Another option is to use three to five colors and change after each row. It results in a slightly different, yet pretty color design.
- With CA, ch 290, or any multiple of 3 + 2.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, (dc, ch 1) in next ch, *sk next ch, sc in next ch, (dc, ch 1) in next ch; rep from * across to last 2 chs, sk next ch, sc in last ch. Turn. [193 sts and 96 ch-1 sps]
- Row 2: Ch 1, (sc, dc, ch 1) in first sc, *sk ch-1 and dc, (sc, dc, ch 1) in next sc; rep from * across up to last 2 sts; sk ch-1 and dc; sc in last sc. Turn. [193 sts and 96 ch-1 sps]
- Rows 3-4: With CB, rep Row 2.
- Rows 5-6: With CA, rep Row 2.
- Rows 7-66: Repeat rows 3-6 until you are about 1" away from desired width, making sure to end last 2 rows with CA. Fasten Off CA at last row.
- Rnds 1-3: With CB, ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten Off at last rnd.