V Stitch Shawl by Cream Of The Crop Crochet
The V Stitch shawl by Cream Of The Crop Crochet makes for a nice mindless pattern once you get past the first few rows. It’s a lovely stitch pattern that you’ll enjoy wearing with all your favorite outfits.
The simple v-stitch shawl pattern provides a stitch multiple, making it easy to crochet this as long as you like. And if you need to adjust the width, simply do more or less repeats of the pattern rows. Personally, I think this pattern would look lovely if crocheted into a scarf. Another option is to clean up your stash by crocheting this in pretty stripes.
The pattern is worked in a medium worsted weight yarn, but since it’s easy to adjust in size, you could easily substitute with a light worsted yarn for the summer.
No matter what you choose, this pattern is perfect for gifting to all the women on your holiday shopping list.
Best of all, the easy v stitch pattern is a simple one-row repeat, making it perfect for relaxing at the end of the day.
Other Patterns to Try
- Open Stitch Easy Rectangular Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Double Crochet and Cross Stitch Rectangular Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Wrap Pattern
- Summer Crochet Lace Wrap
- Bead and Lace Shawl
V Stitch Shawl
- Worsted weight yarn (4-medium) Color A: Caron, One Pound in Lilac
- Color B: Caron, One Pound in White
- Crochet Hook: I-9 (5.50 mm)
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 4 stitches x 6 rows is 3 1/2″ *Change your hook size to obtain the gauge.
- Finished Size: Approximately 66" x 14 1/2" *These are our finished measurements. If yours don't fit within these measurements, please check your gauge.
- CA – Color A
- CB – Color B
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- sk – skip
- sp(s) – space(s)
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- dc – double crochet
- *This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
- Crochet Abbreviations explained in more details.
Special Stitch Instructions
- V Stitch: skip 1 stitch, double crochet in next stitch, chain 1, double crochet in same stitch, skip next stitch.
- Multiple: 3+5
- Starting with CA yarn.
- Row 1: Ch 209, dc in 3rd ch from hook, sk 1 ch sp, *dc in next ch sp, ch 1, dc in same ch sp, sk 2 ch sp* repeat * to * 65 more times, dc in next ch sp, ch 1, dc in same ch sp, sk 1 ch sp, dc in next 2 ch sps, turn
- Row 2: ch 2, sk first st, dc in next st, v stitch in each v stitch from the previous row, dc in previous row’s dc, dc in top of ch 2, turn
- Repeat row two, 23 more times
- Row 26: ch 2, sk first st, dc in next st, v stitch in each v stitch from the previous row, dc in previous row’s dc, dc in top of ch 2, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends.
- Cut yarn and change to CB yarn.
- Edging: ch 1, sc evenly around, make sure to make 3 sc in each corner. Then join, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends.
Meet the Designer:
Ashley Carr is an ever growing designer in the blogging world always looking for another adventure. Her designs will give y’all a cute country feel that lasts. Her inspiration comes from her love of the country style and the world around her. When she doesn’t have a hook in hand she is hiking through trails, camera in hand, looking for the jaw dropping photography shots y’all love.
Connect with Ashley around the web:
Website: Cream Of The Crop Crochet
Check out more designs here on CNC by Cream Of The Crop Crochet.