This crochet cup sleeve pattern is designed for take-out coffee and tea cups. It is shown here on a large cup, but it should fit any cup from medium to extra large. If making it for a small cup you might want to reduce the pattern by one round.
I used a medium #4 worsted weight cotton yarn, but any other cotton should work just as well. If you decide to use a thinner or thicker cotton, you can adjust the circumference in any multiple of 4 to fit your cup.
Other Patterns to Try:
- Slanted Puffs Cup Sleeve
- Popcorn Crochet Cup Cozy
- Mesh Crochet Cup Sleeve
- Cozy Bullion Stitch Crochet Cup Sleeve Pattern
- Winter Drifts Crochet Coffee Sleeve
Clustered V-Stitch Crochet Cup Sleeve Pattern
- Yarn: Lily Sugar 'n Cream (Worsted Weight; #4; 100% Cotton; 70.9g/2.5oz; 109m/120yds), 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle
- Gauge: 7 sc sts = 2"
- Finished Size: Laying flat it measures 4" wide by 3.25" high.
Beg Cl = Beginning Cluster
Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Cl = Cluster
- Lp/Lps = Loop/Loops
- Rep = Repeat
- Rnd/Rnds = Round/Rounds
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- Sp/Sps = Space/Spaces
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- YO = Yarn Over
Special Stitch Instructions
- Beg Cl: Ch 2, yo and insert hook into same st/sp, yo and pull up a lp, [yo and pull through 2 lps] twice.
- CL: [Yo and insert hook into st/sp, yo and pull up a lp, yo and pull through 2 lps] twice, (3 lps on hook) yo and pull through all 3 lps.
- Loosely ch 28, or any multiple of 4 to get the circumference you need; join with sl st in first ch to form circle being careful not to twist.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, working into back bumps, sc in same ch as join and into each ch around; join with sl st in first sc. [28 sts]
- Rnd 2: (Beg cl, ch 2, cl) in same st as join, *skip next 3 sts, (cl, ch2, cl) in next st; rep from * around to last 3 sts, skip last 3 sts; join with sl st in first cl. [14 cl and 7 ch-2 sps]
- Rnd 3: Sl st into ch-2 sp, (beg cl, ch 2, cl) in same sp, (cl, ch 2, cl) in next ch-2 sp and into each ch-2 sp around; join with sl st in first cl. [14 cl and 7 ch-2 sps]
- Rnds 4-5: Repeat rnd 3.
- Rnd 6: Ch 1, sc in same cl as join and into each ch and cl around; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten Off. [28 sc]