This crochet ribbed ear warmer works up quick and easy. You can crochet this using leftover yarns, and makes for the perfect gift idea during cold winter months.
Plus, it is a super easy stitch pattern that everyone will enjoy working with, even those who hare fairly new to crochet.
You can easily make the ear warmer any size that you want. The width is adjusted by the number of chains that you start with. As for the circumference, it is easily adjusted by the number or rows you make before you join the ends with slip stitches.
Use this crochet ear warmer size chart as a reference if making it as a gift.
I called this the comfort ear warmer because I used Red Heart Comfort Yarn. However, due to the nature of the pattern, you can use just about any type of yarn that you have on hand.
This free ear warmer crochet pattern is very simple, but it has some nice vertical textured lines to add a bit of character to the design. The ribed lines are created simply by alternating the stitches between the back and front loops.
The pattern alternates between the single crochet and the double crochet stitches, with the single crochets worked into front loops only of the previous row and the double crochets worked into the back loops.
It works up easy and is sure to keep your ears warm in the winter.
Single and Double Crochet Ribbed Ear Warmer Pattern
- Yarn: Red Heart Comfort
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Tools: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Bldc: Work the double crochet as normal, but insert your hook into the back loops only. The back loops are the ones furthest away from you.
- Flsc: Work the single crochet as normal, but insert your hook into the front loops only. The front loops are the ones closest to you.
- Ch 11, or any number of chains you need for the width.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Turn. [10 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 2 (does not count as st), bldc in first st and into each st across. Turn. [10 sts]
- Row 3: Ch (does not count as st) 1, flsc in first st and into each st across, Turn. [10 sts]
- Repeat Rows 2 & 3 alternatively, ending with row 2, until the desired length is reached. Join with slip stitches to foundation chs. Do not fasten off, continue with edging.
- Edging: Sc evenly around both edges.