This cute little girls purse is the perfect bag for every princess while out on her shopping trip with mom. It’s just the right size to hold her small toys to keep her occupied while mom is shopping. Or, if she’s old enough, she can use this to carry her wallet, chapstick and other items that no girl should ever go without.
Cream Of The Crop Crochet is the talented designer behind this crochet little girl purse. Not only is this perfect for your princess, but for grownups as well. You could use this as an extra organizer within your regular purse. Or, increase the handle length for a basic necessities bag to hold your phone, keys, wallet and such.
Best of all, this baby girl purse will make for a lovely gift for any princess in your life.
Little Girls Purse
Skill Level: Intermediate
7 1/2″ from top of purse to bottom
*This is our finished size. If yours doesn’t come out this size, please check your gauge.
Light worsted weight (3-light)
• We used less than 218 yards of Lion Brand, Jamie, Summer Stripes yarn.*
H-8 (5.00mm) crochet hook
Yarn Needle, to weave ends
Small needle (optional)
Gauge: 5 hdc stitches x 7 rows is 2″
*Change to hook size to obtain the gauge.
• This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
• ALWAYS start in the first stitch of joining.
• ALWAYS join in first stitch of the row.
• If you have any problems at all, please contact us. We will be happy to help!
hdc-half double crochet
Row 1: hdc in 3rd ch from hook, hdc in next 21 sts, 6 hdc in last st (turning to the opposite side), hdc in next 21 sts, 6 hdc in next st, join
Row 2: ch 2, 2 hdc, hdc in next 22 sts, 2 hdc in next 5 sts, hdc in next 22 sts, 2 hdc in next 4 sts, join
Row 3-17: ch 2, hdc in each st around, join
Row 18: ch 2, hdc in each st around, join
Row 19: ch 1, sc in each st around, join, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
Row 1: hdc in 3rd ch from hook, hdc in next 3 sts, turn
Row 2-36: ch 2, hdc in each st, turn
Row 37: ch 2, hdc in each st, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
• Lay both handles on top of each other.
• Evenly single crochet around the edge, in each corner make 3 sc instead of 1, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
• On the inside of the purse to the side (not the front or back), take the handle and place it about 1 1/2″ to the side of the purse.
• This is where the handle will be placed.
• Take yarn and a yarn needle, and stitch around the edges of the handle that overlap with the purse to make a rectangle shape.
• This will attach the handle to the purse.
• Cut the yarn, tie both ends together and weave ends.
• Repeat in the same manner as before with the other side the the handle, on the opposite side.
Row 1: hdc in 3rd ch from hook, hdc in each st, turn
Row 2: ch 2, hdc, ch 1, sk st, hdc in next 2 sts, turn
Row 3-9: ch 2, hdc in each st, turn
Row 10: ch 2, hdc in each st, ch 1, sc evenly around tab, join, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
• Attach the tab the same way you attached the handle, except do not repeat for a second time.
• Also attach the tab to the back of the purse instead of the side.
• Make sure the hole in the tab is not being attached.
• Properly place the button on the front, top (about 1″ from the top), middle of the purse; so lining up with the hole in the tab.
• Attach the button with yarn (or thread) and a yarn needle (or small needle) in its proper place.
Don’t forget to add lining if you’d like!
Pattern and photos © 2015 Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All rights reserved.
Meet the Designer:
Ashley Carr is an ever growing designer in the blogging world always looking for another adventure. Her designs will give y’all a cute country feel that lasts. Her inspiration comes from her love of the country style and the world around her. When she doesn’t have a hook in hand she is hiking through trails, camera in hand, looking for the jaw dropping photography shots y’all love.
Connect with Ashley around the web:
Check out more designs here on CNC by Cream Of The Crop Crochet.