The pattern was designed by Cream Of The Crop Crochet for CrochetN’Crafts.
Today we have a mini Christmas stocking crochet pattern to make for the holiday season. This holiday stocking measures only 6″ tall, making it a quick pattern to whip up. Thus, it’s the perfect last-minute project to embark on, or get a head start and make one for everyone in the family.
Another bonus is that you don’t need much yarn to complete just one, so you could easily use up your yarn stash and make them in different holiday colors. Solid colors, variegated yarns and even cool stripes would all look lovely for this cute design.
These mini stockings are perfect for small gifts like candy canes, pencils, small dolls, cars and trucks, and other small gifts for your children. Or, use it to hide your gift cards or gifts of jewelry for the adults in your life.
The stocking is just the right size for hanging over the chimney on the big night as you await Santa. Or use it as fun decorations throughout the home, even as an ornament on the Christmas tree. It’s shown here plain, but if using it as an ornament, why not add some fun sparkles or ribbons to make it even more festive and fun for everyone.
Regardless of how you plan on using this stocking, it can be re-used year after year.
How It’s Made
This stocking is started at the bottom and worked in rows. Once all the rows are complete, the bottom of the stocking is sewn together. The cuff piece around the top of the stocking is then worked in rounds with a thick fuzzy yarn for a festive finish. I can picture this top part done in a fancy eyelash holiday-colored yarn.
Lastly, the hanging loop is worked with the same color as the main stocking piece. This not only brings it together, but it also makes it easy for hanging anywhere you like.
Other Christmas Patterns to Try
- Puffy Spike Stitch Christmas Crochet Blanket for Toddlers
- Snowman Applique by Cream of The Crop Crochet
- Christmas Wreath Applique by Cream Of The Crop Crochet
- Preemie/Newborn Christmas Tree Hats by Cream Of The Crop Crochet
- ESC Holiday Hat
Mini Christmas Stocking
- Worsted weight yarn (medium-4) Vanna's Choice Scarlet
- Bulky weight yarn (chunky-5) Bernat, Pipsqueak, Whitey White
- Crochet Hook: H-8 (5.00mm)
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 6" tall
- 5.5" circumference opening
- *These are our finished measurements. If yours doesn't fit within these measurements, please check your gauge.
- 9 dc stitches x 5 rows is 2"
- *Change the hook size to obtain the gauge.
- slst-slip stitch
- sc-single crochet
- dc-double crochet
- *This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
- (11 sts) means how many stitches you should have at the end of the row. That count does include the chain.
- Starting with red yarn,
- ch 2
- Row 1: 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, turn (3 sts)
- Row 2: ch 1, 2 sc in each st across, turn (5 sts)
- Row 3: ch 1, 2 sc in first st, sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, turn (7 sts)
- Row 4: ch 1, 2 sc in first st, sc in next 4 sts, 2 sc in next st, turn (9 sts)
- Rows 5-9: ch 1, sc in each st across, turn (9 sts)
- Row 10: ch 1, 2 sc in first st, sc in remaining sts, turn (10 sts)
- Row 11: ch 1, sc in next 8 sts, 2 sc in next st, ch 8, turn (18 sts)
- Row 12: ch 1, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 6 ch sps, sc in next 10 sts, turn (18 sts)
- Rows 13-18: ch 1, sc in each st across, turn (18 sts)
- Row 19: ch 1, slst in first st, sc in next 16 sts, turn (18 sts)
- Row 20: ch 1, sc in next 15 sts, slst in next st, leave last st, turn (18 sts)
- Row 21: leave first 2 sts you already slst, slst in next st, sc in next 14 sts, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends (15 sts)
- Slst sides and bottom, then turn inside out
- using white bulky (5) yarn,
- Rows 22: in top of stocking ch 1, sc in each st around, join in first sc of row (22 sts)
- Rows 23-24: ch 1, sc in each st around, join in first sc of row (22 sts)
- Row 25: ch 1, sc in each st around, join in first sc of row, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends (22 sts)
- with red yarn,
- Hanging Loop: ch 23, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each st (23 sts)
- put both ends together
- slst both ends together
- cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
- attach loop to inside of stocking with red yarn and yarn needle
Pattern and photos © 2016, Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All Rights Reserved.
Meet the Designer:
Ashley Carr is an ever growing designer in the blogging world always looking for another adventure. Her designs will give y’all a cute country feel that lasts. Her inspiration comes from her love of the country style and the world around her. When she doesn’t have a hook in hand she is hiking through trails, camera in hand, looking for the jaw dropping photography shots y’all love.
Connect with Ashley around the web: