Today we have a quick Christmas wreath applique pattern for you. It’s a great stashbuster and the finished product can be used to applique anything from hats and scarves to kitchen linens and even gifts. Or, add a small hoop for hanging and use it on your tree.
The adorable applique pattern features a pretty bow along with some embroidered “cherries” for a cute Christmasy look. I like the embroidery, it’s quick and easy and cost effective. But, you could also add small beads and sequins if you want.
The Christmas applique is worked up in a medium worsted weight yarn using a 4 mm crochet hook. That makes it sturdier for use as an ornament or even a keychain.
Other Patterns to Try
- Snowman Applique by Cream of The Crop Crochet
- Mini Christmas Stocking by Cream Of The Crop Crochet
- My First Lovey by Cream Of The Crop Crochet
- Pumpkin Applique Crochet Pattern by Cream Of The Crop Crochet
- Clarissa Preemie Blanket Crochet Pattern by Cream Of The Crop Crochet
Christmas Wreath Applique
- Yarn: Vanna's Choice Worsted weight yarn (4-medium) – Colors: Green and Red.
- Crochet Hook: G-6 (4.00mm)
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 3 1/2" across *These are our finished sizes. If yours doesn't fit within these measurements, please check your gauge.
- sc-single crochet
- dc-double crochet
- shell st-shell stitch
Special Stitch Instructions
- (11 sts) means how many stitches you should have at the end of the row. That count does include the chain.
- This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
- Starting with green yarn,
- ch 9, join
- Row 1: 25 dc around ch, join to first st of row
- Row 2: sc in same st as joining, shell st around, join in first st of row
- With red yarn,
- ch 35
- Row 1: 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 2 sc in next 8 sts, sc in next 17 sts, 2 sc in next 9 sts, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
- Bow tie: ch 8, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in remaining ch, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
Assembling the Bow
- With long part of bow
- Make a bow shape
- Wrap bow tie around the middle
- Tack down bow tie with red yarn and a yarn needle
- Tack down bow to bottom of wreath with red yarn and a yarn needle
- With red yarn and yarn needle, stitch cherries to front of wreath.
Pattern and photos © 2016, Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All Rights Reserved.
Meet the Designer:
Ashley Dylan is an ever growing designer in the blogging world always looking for another adventure. Her designs will give y’all a cute country feel that lasts. Her inspiration comes from her love of the country style and the world around her. When she doesn’t have a hook in hand she is hiking through trails, camera in hand, looking for the jaw dropping photography shots y’all love.
Connect with Ashley around the web:
Website: Ashley Dylan
See more designs here on CNC by Ashley Dylan, formerly Cream Of The Crop Crochet.