This easy crochet headband pattern ties at the back for a comfortable fit. It is perfect for any type of hair from straight to curly, as well as any length. The light and lacy headband is nice and wide, making it great for hiding a bad hair day if needed!
If you have a lot of leftover yarn, this headband crochet pattern makes for a nice way to clean up your stash. Plus, it’s a great gift idea, any time of the year, for anyone who loves to wear bands.
The Stitch Pattern
This pattern is worked in rows to create a long strip. It is crocheted using the extended single crochet and chain one spaces. That’s it! Super easy, but it’s one of my favorite stitch patterns!
Plus, it is easy enough for beginners who have the basic crochet stitches mastered.
I did not add an edging to this easy headband pattern, but gave basic instruction on how to work a single crochet edge to straighten everything out if you like.
To make the extended single crochet, simply insert your hook into the stitch indicated. Wrap the yarn over and pull up a loop. Wrap the yarn over again and pull through one loop on the hook. Lastly, wrap the yarn over again and pull through both loops on hook.
It’s very similar to the single crochet, but you’re making one extra chain within the stitch before closing it off.
The size given is for an adult small with 44 inches long by 3 inches wide. However, in a simple multiple of two for the starting chains, you can easily adjust this to any size from a little girl to an extra large women’s size!
The yarn is Cotton Fair by Premier yarns. It is a cotton/acrylic blend, which makes it nice for the summer. The cotton helps your head to breathe, while the acrylic helps to give it a nice stretch.
The yarn is labeled as a fine yarn and works will with a 4 mm crochet hook.
You Might Also Enjoy These
- Slanted Cluster Crochet Headband Pattern
- Striped Crochet Headband Pattern
- Crochet Headband Pattern
- Crochet Bead and Lace Tie Headband
- Chained Puffs Headband
ESC – Easy Crochet Headband Pattern
- Yarn: Cotton Fair by Premier Yarns (Fine, #2; 52% Cotton, 48% Acrylic; 317yds/290m; 3.5oz./100g) Color: Cream, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: G 4.00mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 18 sts/chs = 4".
- Finished Size: 44" long by 3" wide.
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Esc = Extended Single Crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- Crochet Abbreviations explained in more details.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Esc: Insert hook in stitch indicated, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through one loop, yarn over and pull through both loops on hook.
- Last ch-1 made counts as the turning chain.
- Ch 200, or any multiple of 2.
- Row 1: (Esc, ch 1) in 2nd ch from hook, *sk next ch, (esc, ch 1) in next ch; rep from * across. Turn. [100 esc]
- Row 2: (Esc, ch 1) in first esc and into each esc across. Turn. [100 esc]
- Rows 3-13: Rep row 2 until you have reached a desired length.
- Rnds 1-2: Sc evenly around working 3 sc into each corner. Join with slip stitch.
Leave a Reply