Today I want to welcome my good friend and mentor Sara Duggan from Crochet Business Blog. She recently published her second edition of Hooking for Cash: 10 Ways to Earn Money with Your Crochet Blog. You can read my review of the book here. In an effort to promote her new book, Sara is doing a Crocheting a Business Blog Tour – August 1 – November 7, 2013 – during which she will appear as a guest on 15 blogs in 15 weeks. Talk about having your work cut out for you.
Sara enjoys to crochet and design her own crochet patterns. She shares them online for free at her crochet business blog. In addition, Sara also helps other crocheters succeed at making money with crocheting either by starting a blog or selling finished items at craft shows. Sara has been a huge help to me already, and I look forward to learning more from her.
Anyhow, I’m honored for Sara to think my website worthy enough to come on and share a free crochet pattern with you all. Sara, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your talent.
- Yarn – Color A: Red Heart Super Saver – Gold
- Yarn – Color B: Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool – Maple Tweed
- Hook size: I9/5.5mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 1" = 1hc, sl st, 1hdc across x 4 rows
- Size: 4" x 4" square without border
- 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" square with border
- sl st
- blanket stitch for border
- Crochet Abbreviations and Terms are in American.
- Pattern stitch: hdc, sl st
- Alternate rows: hdc, slst or sl st hdc
- If row starts with a sl st it will end with a sl st. If a row starts with a hdc it will end with a hdc.
- See tutorial for blanket stitch at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXkSE2TTF4s by Golf Coast Cottage YouTube
- make 4
- Using color A
- ch 15
- Row 1: hdc in 3rd ch from hook, sl st next ch, *hdc, sl st* across to last stitch
- Row 2: ch 1, sl st in 1st stitch, hdc in next st, *sl st, hdc* across to last stitch
- Row 3: ch 2, hdc in 1st stitch, sl st in next st,
- Repeat rows 2 and 3 until piece measures 4” (about 15 rows)
- Finish off.
- With color B and Tapestry needle make a blanket stitch around the square coaster
Like what you just read? Visit Sara at CrochetBusiness.com and while you’re there, register for Hooking for Cash 101 (http://crochetbusiness.com/welcome-blog-tour-fans) a 31 Days to Prepare Your Blog for Monetization eCourse. Each day you’ll receive an email with 1 actionable step to take. By the end of the 31 days your blog should be ready to make some cash. New – Hooking for Cash : 10 Ways to Make Money with Your Crochet Blog 2nd Edition $5.99US (http://crochetbusiness.com/hooking-for-cash)