This baby teething ring pattern is a match to go with the baby teething lovey. It has a nice texture to help soothe the painful gums of a teething baby. This is great for younger babies.
For this ring, I chose to only go about half-way around the ring to give the baby two different textures. You could easily go all the way around if you wanted to. In that case, you would make sure to have an even amount of stitches in your first round. Whereas now, you have an uneven number.
I made this for a younger baby, so I chose a white cotton yarn. Other cotton yarns with steadfast colors can work too. Look for a yarn that washes well and also holds up to a lot of chewing.
I used a wooden ring, but any plastic ring will do too. The rings can be purchased on Etsy. Prior to crocheting around the ring, I washed it in warm soapy water and conditioned it with coconut oil.
Other Patterns to Try
- Baby Teething Lovey
- Easy Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Chunky Crochet Star Baby Blanket Pattern
- My First Pacifier Clip by Cream Of The Crop Crochet
- My First Crochet Teddy Bear Amigurumi by Cream Of The Crop Crochet
Baby Teething Ring
- Yarn; Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight (#4) 100% Cotton, 1.75 oz / 50 g – 80yds / 73m
- Crochet Hook: G 4.00mm
- Other: A 2 2/8" Wooden Teething Ring, Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Sc = Single Crochet
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- Tr = Triple Crochet
- Row 1: Sc 19 sts around teething ring. Turn [19 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first st, *tr in next st, sc in next st; rep from * across. Turn. [19 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st across. Fasten Off. [19 sts]
You might also enjoy a visit to Crochet Pattern Bonanza for more baby toys.