This basic lace crochet bookmark is crocheted in a DK weight yarn, which helps to avoid excess bulk. The finished size measures 2.25 inches wide, which means that if you wanted to crochet this in a thread you could do that and still end up with a decent width of the bookmark. As for the height, it is easy to adjust by the number of rows you complete.
It’s a very simple pattern, but features a simple lace. And it’s easy enough for a beginner to master as well.
Other bookmarks here on CNC include this small doily bookmark, the
Basic Lace Easy Crochet Bookmark
- Yarn: DK #3 Mercerized Cotton
- Crochet Hook: G 4.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 7.25" by 2.25"
- Row 1: Ch 12, hdc in 4th ch from hook (skipped chs count as first hdc), hdc in next ch and into each ch across. Turn. [10 sts]
- Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first st, [ch 2, sk next 2 sts, sc in next st] 3 times. Turn. [3 ch-2 sps]
- Row 3: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), 2 hdc in ch-2 sp, 4 hdc in next ch-2 sp, 2 hdc in next ch-2 sp, hdc in last st. Turn. [10 st]
- Rows 4-21: Rep rows 2 and 3.
- Ch 1, sc evenly around, working 3 sc in each corner. Join with sl st in first sc. Fasten Off.