This baby blanket crochet pattern with super bulky yarn is available in one size, but due to the simplicity of the pattern, you can easily adjust the size in both directions. Thus, it’s a great pattern for making blankets for the entire home. You could even switch up the yarn, and use this simple stitch for mats to use in every room of the home.
This soft and cozy baby blanket pattern is perfect for crochet beginners. You only need to know one stitch, the single crochet, and away you go. It’s mindless and perfect for a TV project.
Another bonus is that the single crochet is super easy to work up in stripes. The combinations are endless, which makes it super easy to us up all your odds and ends.
Best of all, this super bulky blanket works up quick and easy, making it the perfect last-minute baby shower gift idea.
The blanket pattern is worked up in bernat blanket yarn using the baby colors. Any other super bulky weight yarn could be used as a substitute if you like.
Other Baby Blanket Patterns to Try
- Easy Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Blossom Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Chunky Crochet Star Baby Blanket
- My First Crochet Lovey
Cacey Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern with Super Bulky Yarn
- Yarn: Bernat Baby Blanket Super bulky-6 weight yarn. Color: Funny Prints (1 skein- 220 yards)
- Crochet Hook: P-16 (11.5 mm)
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 3 sc stitches x 4 rows is 3" *Change the hook size to obtain the gauge.
- Finished Size: 35” x 38” *These are our finished measurements. If yours don’t fit within these measurements, please check your gauge.
- CA = Color A
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- Ch = Chain
- Sc = Single Crochet
- *This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms. Crochet Abbreviations explained in more details.
- With CA,
- Ch 50
- Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each st across, turn (49 sc sts)
- Row 2: ch 1, sc in each st across, turn (49 sc sts)
- Repeat row 2, fifty five more times or as many as you would like.
- Row 56 or last row: sc in each st across, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends (49 sc sts)
Copyright © 2016, Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All Rights Reserved.
Meet the Designer:
Ashley Carr is an ever growing designer in the blogging world always looking for another adventure. Her designs will give y’all a cute country feel that lasts. Her inspiration comes from her love of the country style and the world around her. When she doesn’t have a hook in hand she is hiking through trails, camera in hand, looking for the jaw dropping photography shots y’all love.
Connect with Ashley around the web:
Website: Cream Of The Crop Crochet
Check out more designs here on CNC by Cream Of The Crop Crochet.
Leave a Reply