This crochet ear warmer pattern for beginners is crocheted in a few simple stitches that provide a nice and comfortable stretch. As with many of my designs, this ear warmer crochet pattern can easily be adjusted to any size you need from baby to adult large. And it’s not just an ear warmer, but with a few rounds less, you could easily make yourself a nice headband for the summer.
Although it is very simple, this beginner crochet pattern is perfect for anyone who enjoys to crochet because it is beautiful and comfortable to wear. I love the spiral lace that naturally occurs as do more rounds.
You don’t need much yarn for this, making it a great stashbuster to clean up those oddballs.
The Stitch Pattern
This pattern is worked with the seed stitch. It’s simply the single crochet and double crochet worked together in the same stitch. Then you skip a stitch to keep things even across the rounds.
It’s easy enough for beginners to master.
Adjust to Any Size
Adjust this pattern in any multiple of two to obtain a desired circumference. If making a headband or ear warmer for babies and children, do fewer repeats of Rnd 2.
You could also make a cozy cowl to match this ear warmer by increasing the circumference and width. You could start with about 80 to about 200 chains depending on how long you want your cowl to be.
I used Patons Canadiana, a medium worsted weight yarn, but any similar yarn will work. Vanna’s Choice will give you lots of stretch.
Other Patterns to Enjoy:
- Charisma Crochet Ear Warmer
- Simple Ear Warmer Crochet Pattern
- Bouncy Bubbly Ear Warmer Headband
- Criss Cross Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern
- Easy Popcorn Womens Ear Warmer Headband
Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern for Beginners
- Yarn: Patons Canadiana (Worsted Weight (#4) – 100% acrylic, 100g /3.5oz) – 1 ball.
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 14 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 8.5" by 3.5".
- Work instructions within parenthesis into one stitch as directed.
- Ch 60 (or any multiple of 2 for desired circumference), join with sl st to first ch being careful not to twist.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, working into back bumps, sc in first ch and into each ch around; join with sl st in first sc. [60 sts]
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, (sc, dc) into same st as join, *sk next st, (sc, dc) into next st; rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [60 sts]
- Rnds 3-11: Rep Rnd 2.
- Rnd 12: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into each st around; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten Off. [60 sts]