Cream Of The Crop Crochet is back with another pattern to help us make the transition into the cooler weather. And today we have a brightly colored pumpkin ear warmer pattern to keep your ears warm.
The one thing I like about ear warmers is that they do a great job at keeping your ears and forehead warm without overheating you. Thus, they are perfect for this time of year when it’s cool, but not too cool.
Another beauty of this headband is that you can crochet this to any size you want. It’s given in a teen/adult size, but it’s easy for you to customize as you like. And the cute pumpkin applique can be used on many other items as a cute embellishment.
It’s a great stashbuster pattern as you don’t need much yarn for the band or the applique!
You can also leave the applique off and make this for wearing throughout the winter season. It’s perfect underneath a hood when the weather gets really cold.
Other Patterns to Try
- Criss Cross Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern
- Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern for Beginners
- ESC Striped Crochet Earwarmers
- Easy Popcorn Womens Ear Warmer Headband
- Bouncy Bubbly Ear Warmer Headband
- Yarn: Worsted Weight
- small amount of Caron, One Pound, Espresso yarn
- small amount of Red Heart, Super Saver, Hunter Green yarn
- Less than half a skein of Red Heart, Super Saver, Pumpkin yarn
- Crochet Hook: I crochet hook
- Other: Fabric scissors, Yarn needle to weave ends
- Gauge: 3 dc stitches x 2 rows is 1" *Change the hook size to obtain the gauge.
- Finished Size: Teen/Adult
- 19 1/4" circumference
- 3 1/2" height
- *These are our finished measurements. If yours don't fit within these measurements, please check your gauge.
- slst-slip stitch
- sc-single crochet
- sc dec-single crochet decrease
- dc-double crochet
- This pattern is written in American Crochet Terms.
- In the amount of stitches you should have at the end of the row, (ex. 11 sts). That count does include the chain.
- If you have any problems at all, please contact us. We will be happy to help!
- with orange yarn.
- ch 12
- Row 1: dc in 2nd ch from hook, dc in each st, turn (11 sts)
- Row 2: ch 2, dc in each st, turn (11 sts)
- Repeat row 2 as many times as needed. We repeat 32 times.
- Last row: ch 2, dc in each st, slst the last row and beginning chain together, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
- With espresso yarn.
- ch 5
- Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in remaining ch, turn (5 sts)
- Row 2-3: ch 1, sc in each st, turn (5 sts)
- Row 4: ch 1, sc in each st (5 sts)
- Edging: ch 1, sc in around stem, 3 sc in each corner, cut yarn, fasten off, weave ends
- with espresso yarn and a yarn needle, attach the bottom of the stem to top/front of ear warmers
- With hunter green yarn.
- ch 27, sc dec in 2nd ch from hook, sc dec in the remaining ch
- with green yarn and a yarn needle, attach the vine right next to the stem
Pattern and photos © 2015 Cream Of The Crop Crochet™. All rights reserved.
Meet the Designer:
Ashley Carr is an ever growing designer in the blogging world always looking for another adventure. Her designs will give y’all a cute country feel that lasts. Her inspiration comes from her love of the country style and the world around her. When she doesn’t have a hook in hand she is hiking through trails, camera in hand, looking for the jaw dropping photography shots y’all love.
Connect with Ashley around the web:
Check out more designs here on CNC by Cream Of The Crop Crochet.