Simple Lace Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
This easy crochet baby blanket pattern features a simple lace that is perfect for baby girls. In the right colors it might work for a boy, but I’m leaning more towards a girl.
The variegated yarn seems to work well with this pattern, but a solid, or maybe even a striped color will work too! I worked mine up with one big ball of baby yarn and still had some leftover.
The stitch multiple is included, so you can easily adjust the size using any yarn weight that you have on hand. It would be a nice blanket for on the couch or even on the bed.
My favorite part about this blanket is that it is a mindless pattern to work on while watching TV. There is only one row where I have to slow down and pay more attention to, but it’s a breeze for the most part.
Do do leave baby unattended with this blanket as the holes are big enough for the baby to get it’s fingers caught.
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
- Yarn: Bernat Baby Sport (Light, #3; 100% acrylic; 280g/9.8oz; 1004yds/918m) Color: Blossom, 1 ball.
- Hook: G 4.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 16 sts = 4".
- Finished Size: 31" by 31".
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Dc = Double Crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- Rs = Right Side
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- Sp/Sps = Space/Spaces
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- Ch 125, or any multiple of 6 + 5.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and into each ch across. Turn [124 sts]
- Row 2 (RS): Ch 2 (does not count as st, now and throughout), dc in first st and into each st across. Turn [124 sts]
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in first 4 sts, *ch 2, sk next 2 sts, sc in next 4 sts; rep from * across. Turn [84 sts and 20 ch-2 sps]
- Row 4: Ch 2, dc in first 2 sts, ch 1, sk next 2 sts, work 4 dc in ch 2 sp, *ch 2, sk next 4 sts, 4 dc in next ch-2 sp; rep from * across to last 4 sts, ch 1, sk next 2 sts, dc in last 2 sts. Turn [84 sts, 19 ch-2 sps, 2 ch-1 sps]
- Row: 5: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st and ch across. Turn [124 sts]
- Row 6-81: Rep rows 2-5.
- Row 82: Rep row 2.
- Row 83: Ch 1, sc in first st and into each st across.
- Optional Edging: Working from RS, ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc in each corner; join with slip stitch in first sc. Fasten Off.
- Warning: Do not leave the baby unattended with this blanket.