The Puffy V’s Cotton Dish Cloth features four columns of puffy v-stitches to help you scrub those pots and pans. Not only that, but the puff stitches also provide a thicker fabric, thus making this great for a table mat as well.
And if you line the back with either a single or double crochet swatch or another piece of thick fabric you could even use it as a hot pad on the kitchen table as well.
Other Patterns to Check Out:
- Beginner Crochet Dishcloth Pattern with Striped Option
- Crochet Seed Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Slanted Cluster Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Stashbuster Striped Crochet Dishcloth
- Clustered V-St/Small Shell Crochet Dishcloth
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Puffy V’s Cotton Dish Cloth Crochet Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton (Worsted Weight, #4; 100% Cotton; 1.75 oz/50g; 80yds/73m) Color: Pale Yellow, 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00MM
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 7.5” by 8”
Special Stitch Instructions
- Puff st: *Yo, insert hook into ch or sp, Yo and pull up a loop; rep from * twice, (7 loops on hook), Yo and pull through all 7 loops.
- Ch 24,
- Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hook (skipped sts do not count as st), dc in next ch, *sk next ch, (puff st, ch 1, puff st) in next ch, sk next ch, dc in next 2 chs; rep from * across. Turn. [8 puff sts and 10 dc]
- Row 2: Ch 2 (does not count as st), dc in first 2 dc, *(puff st, ch 1, puff st) in next ch-1 sp, dc in next 2 dc; rep from * across. Turn. [8 puff sts and 10 dc]
- Rows 3-13: Repeat row 2.
- Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc in each corner; join with slip stitch in first sc. Fasten Off.