Here is a cute toddler flower headband crochet pattern that you can use for a toddler or baby. Simply adjust the tie-string length for a custom fit around the baby’s head.
The headband is crocheted up in three separate stages; first the band and strings, and lastly the flower. The flower basically follows the same pattern as the band. The only difference is that it is only worked along one side of the loops, whereas the band is worked around on both sides of the loops. After the flower is crocheted, you gather it for a pretty applique on the finished headband.
Originally I used Bernat cottontots, but I believe it has been discontinued. My latest version was worked up in a light #3 baby yarn. You only need a small amount of yarn to crochet this making it great for stashbusting.
Purchase Your Ad-Free PDF
Toddler Flower Headband
- Yarn: Bernat Baby Sport (Light, #3; 100% acrylic; 300g/10.5oz) Color: Pink, 1 ball. (I only used a small amount. Any #3 baby yarn will work.)
- Crochet Hook: G 4.00mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- Gauge: 4 ch-2 sps = 3.5" after completion of Rnd 2.
- Finished Size: 1.25" wide by 12" long not counting the tie strings.
- Rnd 1: Ch 45, sc into 6th ch from hk (counts as first ch-2 sp), *ch 2, sk next 2 chs, sc in next ch; rep from * to end. Turn. [14 ch-2 sps]
- Rnd 2: Sl st into ch-2 sp, ch 1, (sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc) in the same sp and into next 12 sps; (sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc) twice in next sp. Working on the opposite side, (sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc) into each remaining sp; join with sl st in first sc. FO. [140 sts]
- Ch 100 (or as many as needed), then working into back bumps, sc in 2nd ch from hk and into each ch to end. FO and weave into the ch-2 sps of the headband.
- Row 1: Ch 45, sc into 6th ch from hk (counts as first ch-2 sp), *ch 2, sk next 2 chs, sc in next ch; rep from * to end. Turn. [14 ch-2 sps]
- Row 2: Sl st into ch-2 sp, ch 1, (sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc) in the same sp and into the next 13 sps. FO leaving a long enough tail (about 10-12") to sew the flower. [75 sts]
- Weave the tail end into the ch-2 sps, going in through each loop in the same direction, as pictured.
- Tighten the string to bunch the flower up a bit.
- Then position the flower in a spiral and sew together.
- Optional: Add a button to the flower before attaching it to the band. I used the same yarn and a 3.5mm crochet hook. Here is the button pattern.