Here is a quick to crochet, yet beautifully textured dishcloth pattern. The crocheted dishcloth has a lovely lacy texture that is sure to look great in any kitchen decor. Although a bit lacy, it’s fairly solid, making it a great for all your cleaning needs.
You don’t need much yarn, making it great for busting through your stash of cotton yarn. And that also makes it ideal for a last-minute gift idea! So why not whip up a bunch to have them ready! I’m sure they’ll be appreciated by just about everyone.
Work it up in a solid color as shown, or choose a few bright and lively colors.
The Stitch Pattern
The stitch pattern is for intermediate crocheters. But if you know how to make the crochet cross-stitch then you will have no problem crocheting this dishcloth.
The cross over long double crochet is made by skipping a stitch. Work three half doubles, and then backtrack and work a long double crochet into the skipped stitch. This slants the stitch diagonally, which gives it the beautiful look.
The stitch is alternated between rows of single crochets.
The Finished Size
The finished size is only 6.75″ by 6.75″. It’s kind of small, but you can easily increase that if you like in any multiple of 4+3. Thus, it’s easy to make a coaster or a placemat to match!
Cotton yarn is always my go-to when it comes to dish and washcloths! It is much more durable, it’s absorbent, and is much more effective when it comes to scrubbing.
I like to use Bernat Handicrafter, which is a worsted weight yarn. But there are many other brands that can work just as well.
Other Patterns to Try
- Blossom Lace Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- Lacy Textured Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
- HDC Criss Cross Stitch Dishcloth
- ESC Dishcloth
- Crochet Seed Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
Cross-Over Long DC Textured Dishcloth Pattern
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton – Worsted weight #4.
- Crochet Hook: I/9-5.50mm
- Other: Measuring Tape, Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 6.75" by 6.75"
- Ch/Chs = Chain/Chains
- Fldc = Front Loop Double Crochet
- Flhdc = Front Loop Half Double Crochet
- Flsc = Front Loop Single Crochet
- Rep = Repeat
- Sc = Single Crochet
- Sk = Skip
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
- Ch 23, or any multiple of 4 + 3.
- Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (22 sts). Turn.
- Row 2: Ch 1, flhdc in first st, *sk next st, flhdc in next 3 sts, fldc in skipped st; rep from * across; flhdc in last st. (22 sts) Turn.
- Row 3: Ch 1, flsc in first st and into each st across. Turn.
- Rows 4-13: Rep rows 2 and 3.
- Ch 1, sc evenly around working 3 sc in each corner. Join with a slip stitch in first sc. Fasten Off.
If you enjoyed this free crochet pattern, you might also enjoy more crochet dishcloths over at CPB.