If you have the patience for making the popcorn, then you will enjoy making this crochet bath puff. The popcorn stitch is worked in the last round only and gives you a nice texture for lots of scrubbing power.
The crochet bath puff can be added to any spa gift basket along with hand-made soap and other goodies.
I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton, which is a medium worsted weight yarn. However, any similar yarn will work just as well. For those who find the cotton too heavy, an acrylic yarn might work as a substitute.
Popcorn Bath Puff
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Medium worsted weight cotton. (about 60g)
- Crochet Hook: H/8-5.00MM
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Popcorn St: Work 5 dc in lp indicated, remove hook from lp, insert hook in first dc of 5 dc sts made, pick up the lp and pull through.
- Ch 5, join with sl st to form circle.
- Rnd 1: Ch 1, (sc in ring, ch 5) 10 times, join with sl st.
- Make the string: Ch 30, skip next 5 lps, sl st in next sc. Keep this string either at the back or at the front of your work so that it will not get worked into other rounds.
- Rnd 2: Sl st into next ch-5 lp, ch 1, (sc, ch 3) 5 times in each ch-5 lp around.
- Rnd 3: Sl st into lp, ch 3, (counts as first dc), work another 4 dc in same lp, remove hook from loop, insert hook in first dc of 5 dc sts made, pick up the loop and pull through, ch 3, work popcorn st. in same first lp, ch 3, (work popcorn st, ch 3) twice in each lp all around, join with sl st. Fasten off.