This granny stitch crochet facecloth pattern works up quickly and easily in just a few short rounds. It makes for a nice stash buster and gift idea! It will go great with some homemade soaps or a store-bought spa set.
Use this crochet facecloth pattern in the shower or for cleaning your face at the end of the day. It is a nice open stitch, which increases drying time. Plus, it has a slight ruffle to make it look nice.
The final measurement is about 6 inches across, making it perfect for the face and for the shower!
I used some leftover worsted-weight cotton yarn. Any brand will work as long as you stick with the same brand throughout.
Use several bits and pieces to add a few stripes if you like.
The Stitch Pattern
To make this you will need to know how to make the single crochet, double crochet, picot, and the double crochet cluster stitch.
To start the pattern you can start with a magic circle, or make a circle with a few chains.
Granny Stitch Crochet Facecloth
- Yarn: Bernat Handicrafter Cotton #4, mediumworsted weight, 100% cotton yarn.
- Crochet Hook: H-5.00mm
- Other: Scissors, Yarn Needle.
- 6" across.
Special Stitch Instructions
- Beg Shell: (Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in designated sp.
- Shell: (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc) in designated sp.
- Cluster (Cl): (yo, pull up a lp in sp indicated, yo, pull through 2 lps on hk,) 3 times; (4 lps on hk); yo and pull through all 4 lps.
- Rnd 1: Make a magic circle, ch 3 (counts as first dc, now and throughout,) 2 dc into magic ring, ch 3, (3 dc, ch 3) 5 times in ring. Pull the ring tight; join with sl st in first dc (3rd ch). [18 dc]
- Rnd 2: Sl st into next 2 dc and into ch-3 sp, work beg shell in same sp, ch 1, (work shell in next ch-3 sp, ch 1) 5 times; join with sl st in first dc. [36 dc]
- Rnd 3: Sl st into next 2 dc and into ch-3 sp; ch 3, 2 dc in same sp, ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hk, work another 3 dc in same sp; ch 1, work cl in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, *(3 dc, ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch from hk, 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp, ch 1, cl in next ch 1 sp, ch 1; rep from * around; join with sl st in first dc. [36 dc and 6 cl]
- Rnd 4: Ch 1, sc in same st as join and into next 2 dc, ch 4, sc in next 3 dc, sc in next (ch 1, cl, ch 1); *sc in next 3 dc, ch 4, sc in next 3 dc, sc in next (ch 1, cl, ch 1); rep from * around; join with sl st in first sc. [54 sc]
- Rnd 5: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, *sc into next st into each st up to ch-4 sp, 5 sc into ch-4 sp; rep from * around; sc in remaining sts; join with sl st in first sc. Fasten off. [84 sts]